Chapter 1: Groups of 4

*Denki Kaminari*

I must have fallen asleep at the end of class because I woke up to someone tapping me. Tapping, tapping, tapping at my shoulder. Then I actually woke up. "Kaminari. Wake up." I lifted my head and found Jiro looking at me. "The last teacher said there was a big surprise coming up with our next class." She looked excited. That makes me happy.

"What did I miss? How long was I asleep?" I found that I only got half of my work done. Math's hard. Plus then I have my homework. 

"You were asleep for the last 15 minutes of class. You missed the announcement that was the surprise for our next class. And we have 3 new homework math assignments, you probably missed the notes, and you didn't get to finish the classwork by the looks of it." She peered over at my work.

"Haha I guess I missed a lot." Dang, that really was a lot. "But I thought you said I was only out for 15 minutes. How did we get so much?"

Jiro just looked at me. "Apparently it has to do with whatever is coming up next class. Haven't you noticed that we kept on getting more and more homework every class for the past week? I think it's something big because they're all due in two-three weeks."

Her saying that got me thinking. Maybe this will be a fun assignment! But I had other things too. "Hey, umm, Jiro, do you th-"

"Yeah sure I'll help you with your work." 

"Ha, thanks." I smiled at her. She knew me so well.

"Quiet down everybody!" Mr. Aizawa shouted over the class. "We have an announcement to make." That was when I noticed that it wasn't just Mr. Aizawa who was here, but Principal Nezu, Midnight, All Might, and all the other teachers. 

What exactly was the announcement?

*Kyoka Jiro*

I glanced over at Kaminari. He was thinking the same thing I was.

"You were told that there was to be an announcement in your next class that's now this class." Mr. Aizawa continued. "This is it."

Principal Nezu walked up to the front and placed himself on the teacher desk. "Every year each class is given a special assignment. After some talking we decided on Class 1-A's."

He took a deep breath and continued. "Since there are twenty students in 1-A, you will be divided into groups of four selected at random. That makes five different groups. All five groups will be put in five different cities. Each group will have an assignment in their city. Now here's where it might get complicated for some. Each group has one assignment each, but each individual will have two separate assignments. Does everyone understand?" We all nodded. It actually made some sense.

Midnight came to the front. "I'll be coming around with a bowl. Each paper has a number from 1-5. You are to pick one and you cannot change."

I picked my number from the bowl. 3. I wonder who else got the number 3.

Once Midnight finished passing out the numbers we saw who got who. "Everyone who got number 1 stand up." Uraraka, Mineta, Yao-momo, and Midoriya. I feel bad for Yao-Momo.

"Number 2," came her next respond as she wrote on the board. I found myself wishing that Kaminari would be with me on the assignment. Huh. I looked around to see who was in the second group. Sato, Hagakure, Ojiro, and Iida. 

"Number 3." I stood up from my desk. To my surprise I found that Kaminari as stood. I couldn't hold myself from smiling. So it was Kirshima, Bakugo, Kaminari, and I. At least I was in a group with my best friend. 

"Number 4." I sat back down. Tsu, Ashido, Tokoyami, and Shoji.

"Finally, number 5." That was Koda, Todoroki, Sero, and Aoyama. Then that was it for the groups.

Mr. Aizawa came up to the front. "We will be talking about this assignment for a certain amount of time then the rest of the class is a study hall." He looked around as if inspecting us. "We are putting our trust in you. No adults will be there most of the time. You will be trusted to be on time to everything and learn how to fend for yourself." That came out odd. "Heroes will be there but you will meet up with them at a certain time. Since each assignment is different I shall not go in detail."

"Once at a time come up and get a paper  with the number of the group you are in.  Whatever assignments you get, you get," All Might said. One by one we came up and grabbed our papers. "You can look at these later if you like. It has all the information you need, too."

Principal Nezu then spoke up, "Your parents already know about this assignment and gave you all permission to go." The class broke out in cheers. I didn't because it caught me by surprise.

The class went into more of a discussion about the assignment. Explanations, the mini-assignments, group parings and cooperation, want to bring, etc. The rest of the stuff would be on our papers. We would leave next week. This would be an exciting trip.