Chapter 7: The Plan In Action

*Kaminari*

It was 9:51 am when we woke up. My phone started buzzing saying that I had a call. I picked it up to see the person calling me was Kirishima. Jiro was awake when I answered the call. 

"Who is it?" she asked. I showed her the contact image and she brighten up. Sitting up now, she leaned closely to hear what he said. Even though there were people we had him on speaker phone but on a low volume.

"Are you guys okay? We just made it to Nagoya a few hours ago. Sorry we couldn't contact you sooner. There were so many people and we had to rush to the place we were supposed to stay at. We put your suitcases in your rooms just in case you make it."

"Kirishima! We're fine. We are making a plan about it. I think Jiro knows something about this." I looked over at Jiro who seemed tired. She nodded slightly as if saying that it was true but she was still unsure.

"Okay then. Bakugo and I are here but he's asleep. Keep contact with me daily. You're lucky your quirk can let you charge phones and that I actually brought my charger because I almost didn't." Yep. Still being used as a charger. Daily life as it is haha. "Anyways we have to set up. Well, I do anyways. Got to go. Bye now."

"Bye." With that he hanged up on me. I turned to Jiro asking, "So, you do have a plan, right?"

She looked up at me with sleep in her eyes. She looked so cute tired. I could just look at her forever. Her voice snapped me back. "Well, yesterday I found some things out plus with the help of Aria. There might be a way."

She got her phone and starting scrolling through. "There is a station about twenty miles from here that has a ticket to Nagoya. But we would still need some money. Another thing we could do is find two or more different station in different cities. The problem for both is is that we don't have a lot of money. Not even enough for one ticket."

Wow. Her brain worked really fast for just barely waking up. Then I had an idea. "My brain isn't always fried and you're not the only one whose brain can work that fast after just waking up." She looked at me, confused. "Umm, I have an idea. For the money problem."

"Oh that's nice. What is it?" Her eyes were full of hope when I said that. 

"Well, since we have our instruments, maybe we could play them for money. Give the people of the station a show. I know you really don't like doing this much but-" I couldn't stop myself so I grabbed her hands in mine. "Think about it. This is like the only way that we could gather money quickly. I believe in you." Sometimes it just feels like I should kiss her. Seems right but I know better than to do so right now.

"I-I don't know." She looked down at where my hands were, over hers, but she didn't move them. 

"Don't worry. I know you can get over this fear. Just trust me. I'll be with you the entire time. If you don't feel that good about it I'll embarrass myself for you." That made her smile.

"Thanks but I'll do my best." She hugged me and I hugged her back. "So, when are we starting this plan?"

We both knew that it needed to be as soon as possible. Who knows how long it might take? "As soon as possible." I gave her a wink. "I was thinking maybe just to play some old ones that we used to do or did at school."

"Since we already know those ones that should be good. Okay let's do it." I love seeing Jiro come out of her shell. It just makes me happy. She took a deep breath and let it out.

We got out our guitars and started strumming lightly at first. More like a warm-up. The early morning had a lot of business people coming in so we played lightly then a little more excitingly. 

Jiro was up front while I was in the back. There weren't any people sleeping so we were good. We played for about two and a half and received what was equal to twenty dollars. People nowadays.

"Hey guys!" The blue-haired girl, Aria, stood before us. "I thought it was you playing the music. Do you mind if my sister, Kya, and I join. You might be able to get some more money that way." Behind her stood a girl younger than her with brown hair, holding a keyboard and small drum. "I hope we can help."

Jiro brighten up at that. "Sure! You can join us!"

"Are you going to sing Jiro?" Aria and her sister looked at her. Jiro started to become nervous so Aria quickly added, "Oh I'm sorry. I just supposed you would."

"No it's okay. I'm not that good though."

"Yeah you do!" I turned to Aria and her sister, Kya. "You should have seen her though at the School Festival though! She sang there and she was so good!" I should have saw what would happen next. Jiro stuck her earphone jack in my ear. Ow that hurt.

"Shut up Kaminari."

Rubbing my ear I responded to her, "It's true though. You don't give yourself credit! I know you can face it. Zone everyone out." She glared at me before turning back.

"Okay fine then! Let's just do this." With that being said Aria and Kya got behind Jiro and we started playing our music. When Jiro started singing it was like my ears opened for real. Apparently I was not the only one. People started facing their attention towards us.

Money kept dropping into the case, filling up in no time. People started clapping to the rhythm and dancing to the beat. Smiles filled the room. The next time I looked at Jiro it was as if there was some glow around her. She seemed peaceful. This was something else she was good at.

This made me feel better. She became calm and situated in no time. She looked pretty up there, with zoning everyone out and not paying attention to the stares of people all looking at her.

*Jiro*

When Kaminari came up with the plan I had to agree either way. If we didn't do it that way then we would just be on the streets waiting for people to give us money. Now Kaminari, Aria, and Kya are at my side. It makes me feel better about playing.

I soon became deep within and my surroundings faded just like Kaminari said. He knew how to make me feel safe and in my comfort zone I guess you could say. When we were done I noticed the large group of people standing in front of us clapping. My eyes went to the case where the money would be. Tons. I couldn't hold myself back from smiling. I turned back to face my friends, old and new. They all smiled at me.

Slowly the crowd disappeared into one again. We decided to split the money with Aria and Kya since there was way more than enough. Enough to buy our tickets and snacks on the way. 

"Now we can buy the medicine for mom, Aria!" Kya jumped around Aria as saying this.

"Medicine? Is she sick or hurt?" This was news to me. Actually, I don't think I have seen her parents. If I did maybe it wasn't them.

Aria looked at us with her sad, brown eyes. "I'm sorry. I just never told you since I didn't think it was important. Well, you see, our mom is close to death-"