Chapter 18: What Lies Ahead

"Umm, sir, what are you doing?" Sir? Huh, no one ever addressed me by that before. Sir Denki. Dir Kaminari. Sir Denki heading into the deep, dark forest... "Sir?" 

"Oh, shoot! Sorry about that. Haha I forgot I was under here." I got up from under my desk with my new claimed pen. The guy that was calling me out gave me a confused, annoyed look. Eh, he was one of those people.

"Aren't you supposed to be doing something? Didn't Sir Albino give you a job to do while you were here today??"

"Umm, yes! Why else would I be here...sir?" I joked with him but he clearly he didn't get it. Bummer.

"Well then get to work."

"Yes sir!" And I walked away. So...what files was I supposed to sort again? Yellow? Red? Or was it green? Argh I really needed to ask someone but they were all scattered around the building! My luck is great.

You know what? I think Imma sort the green files. Those might be the easiest.

I walked over to a small pile (it was the first one I saw) and I started sorting the best I could. Some had different shapes on them so I sorted them by their shapes. It went like this for a while until something told me to open one of the files. I didn't want to but for some reason I felt like I should.

Looking around, I made sure no one was near. And taking a deep breath I slowly opened it. "What the-" I couldn't believe it. Inside the file was a plan to make Japan and turn it into ruins expect for a selected few. Ad we weren't those selected few to be saved. 

"Oi! I NEED A REFILL ON THIS BUCKET!!!" Bakugo! Hurryingly, I took the file and ran down to where I thought his voice was. 

"Hey!"

"Dunce face?! What the hell-"

"Shhhhhh," I shushed him. I expected him to get mad but he didn't. Instead his eyes travelled to the file I had in my hands. Did he know-?

Oh! That's what this was about.

"Give that to me. I know where to put it." Without thinking a second though I handed it to him. "Was there anything else?" 

"I'm not sure. This was the first one I opened and it-"

"Not here. There could be people who are listening in on us." He made sense. Now I'm starting to understand what was going on. 

"Tonight you said?"

"Yep. Now listen closely. Keep going like you don't know anything about what you just read. Just not too dumb, got it?" I nodded. "Good now go find that girl and make her give me a refill on this bucket.

I travelled back up the stairs and headed down the office hall to where Jiro should have been with the lady's baby watching over her. I didn't know if the baby was sleeping or if Jiro was about to put him to sleep so I quietly peaked through the door and slowly opened it.

Inside was Jiro humming and singing the baby to sleep. It was beautiful, them both. A low light shone on them through the office window, illuminating them to where it fit her singing voice. This night sound cringe but at that moment I felt like I fell for her all over again, if even more.

The baby soon fell asleep and she put him down in the crib. "You can sing, hum, handle babies, what else?" She turned back, scared at first, until she saw me. 

"Oh it's just you."

"Just me? And what do you mean by that?"

"N-nothing. I mean-"

"Aren't I something special?" I said with a wink, not realizing that I was getting closer until I met her face. 

"I-I-I-" I smirked at her stammering. It was cute, I wasn't gonna lie. At that moment I wanted to kiss her, I really did, but I knew that it would be a better moment than this. 

I pushed myself back from her and walked back to the entrance of the door. "Anyways, Bakugo called for a refill on the bucket. There's also some more news that I found that we'll say later tonight." Then I headed out the door back to the files.

~~~

The rest of the day was plain and tiring. Nothing else worth mentioning really. We were all tired after the end of the day and quickly went back to the place we were staying at. 

"Hey, do you think Aria and Kya should meet with us? You know, since what you explained to us yesterday about what happened. Maybe they might know something or it's connected somehow," Kirishima said.

"Sure, I'll go get them," Jiro said and went off.

*Jiro*

"Where was their-" Got it. For a moment I had forgotten where their room was until I remembered. 

"Hey Jiro!" I jumped at the voice but it was just Kya. "Did you need something?"

"Umm, yeah. We wanted to know if you wanted to come to a meeting with us. You know, since-"

"Yeah." I guess it was still hard for her knowing that her old best friend used to be a villain. "She's probably in the room. I was getting some bagels and winded up eating three. Want one?" She said handing me the bag.

"Sure." She picked a bagel out of the bag and gave it to me. "Thanks," I told her as I unlocked the door. But when she opened it, it revealed the place a mess,=.

"ARIA!!! WHAT THE HECK DID YOU DO WHILE I WAS GONE?!" Everything was everywhere and Aria didn't look good.

"I lost something," she said.

"Well what did you lose?" her sister asked her.

"I lost the necklace dad gave me but I just found it. Sorry sis, that the place is a mess."

"Whatever I'll help you clean it up later. Jiro and the rest want us to go to a meeting. Wanna?"

"Sure let's go." We all headed down the hall, which wasn't far, and entered the room. When we went inside all the boys were already inside. Kirishima was on a video call with Ashido, Bakugo was getting some snacks, and Kaminari was on his phone.

"Hey! You made it!"

"Let's hurry now," Bakugo said.

"Yo Kiri, you gonna end the call or make her join?"

"I wanna join pleaseeeeee," Ashido said from the computer.

"Alright then. Let the meeting begin."

We didn't get far though. We talked about what I heard first and then right when Kaminari was about to tell us the next details, we were interrupted by a knock at the door. Kirishima went up to go answer it and I'm not lying when I say I was kind of shocked to see who it was, but yet I wasn't at all.

"Hello."

Imma leave it up to you to guess who the person at the door is ;) guesses?

Yo, school's almost over for me! I'm ready

I'm tired for no good reason. And I don't know what else to say. Oh well

Bye until next time!!