Chapter 27: Death Follows Life

*beep*

*beep*

*beep*

There was only one person in room, and that was the person dying. Two whole weeks have passed by since the battle was fought. So far, 67 lives were lost and 109 were injured. And that's still with counting.

Albino and a few others were locked up in jail, including Aria and Kai for their crimes they committed. Kai wouldn't be in there for much longer as they found out he was under mind-control while in a dark state. He would be taking therapy after being set free.

Aria though would stay for about half a year for harming and planning to kill. Same as Kai, she would receive therapy due to the sudden news of her father abandoning her and her sister.

Kirishima, Bakugo, and Kaminari all got released from the hospital the same day three days ago. All had minor injuries but stayed to be kept watched on. Jiro couldn't be the same.

Her heart rate kept going down lower and lower each day that passed. No matter what anyone did, nothing worked.

Her parents rushed over to the hospital as soon as they got the news and stayed with her since. Except, after they were forced to leave for the day, someone was able to sneak into her room.

He held her hand in his as he rest his head on the side of her bed. "I'm so sorry Jiro. If only I tried to protect you harder, maybe you wouldn't be in this state." Kaminari spoke softly to her but she couldn't hear him. She wouldn't be able to. She wasn't conscious and hasn't been for two whole weeks.

10% chance of living. Everyone prayed that some miracle would happen. That maybe it would happen when I'll hope seemed loss because so far, she hasn't made any recovery at all.

"It's all my fault, Jiro. I- I had a feeling this was going to happen but not this bad! If only I knew, if I wasn't so dumb and dodged him, maybe it would all be different and you wouldn't be lying here in the hospital." Tears had started to fall out of his eyes and he didn't care who saw him now. If someone came and said they would save her if he traded his life for it, he wouldn't hesitate to say yes.

"Just please say something. Anything. Give me a sign you're still here! That you're still hanging on! That you won't die." But no sign came. She stayed there, breathing with the help of her oxygen tube.

He stayed there for a few more minutes until he knew he would have to leave. He headed towards the door and before he could leave her he whispered, "I love you, Jiro." Then he closed the door behind him and left.

~~~

The same thing went on for another three whole weeks. Jiro was transferred to a hospital closer to her school and UA gave the other three extra time off if needed. Two said no, one said yes. Everyday Kaminari would go visit Jiro even if he was stuck in the waiting room.

On a day that was partly cloudy, he walked into the hospital where a Code Blue was rang. (For those of you that don't know what Code Blue is, it's basically an emergency call that has someone near death and it's calling anyone who can help over to try to save the person's life.) Inside his heart and mind he hoped and prayed that it wasn't Kyoka but he had another bad feeling and this one he wasn't going to ignore. 

He raced up the stairs, deciding the elevator would be too slow, and entered the ICU. Sure enough the Code Blue was raised for Kyoka Jiro.

"Jiro! JIRO!!!" he yelled but was silenced by the nurses and doctors all rushing in to save her. "WHAT'S HAPPENING TO HER?!! PLEASE TELL ME!! SOMEONE TELL ME!!" Fear seized him and held him tight and he fell to his knees. "Someone- Jiro-"

There was nothing he could do though. He wouldn't be let in. He was lucky if he was even allowed in this unit! He just came through on his own.

Two hours with waiting, still no answer until he heard the noise he dreaded to hear. Her heart rate machine made no sound except one long hold beep.

"J-jiro?" A nurse came out after a few minutes, looking nothing but gloom.

"I-I'm sorry but we couldn't save her. With her injuries and the quirk used to knock her out, it all caught up to her. I'm sorry but, she had died." It was only then when he noticed her parents standing right behind them.

Her mom let out a large wail and her dad found Kaminari as his comforting partner. All three of them sat there, fallen on the ground, sobbing.

They were giving space, but space couldn't bring Kyoka back. Nothing could at this rate. She was gone. 

She was dead.

//Well, somehow I managed to write all these past three whole chapters today (started and finished). I'm burned out. For real. Imma sleep after this *yawns* I might not update tomorrow but I'll try on Thursday. If these chapters suck, sorry. I did my best and I got tired towards Chapter 26, took a break, then started again. Welp, until next time!//