Chapter 5: Aria

*Jiro*

My eyes started filling with tears. He fell on his knees, but this action was on purpose. You could easily tell. Before he could see me, if he ever looked back, I left. Left to a different spot at the station.

He was right. This was my fault. BUT IF HE DIDN'T WAIT THEN HE WOULD HAVE MADE IT! No, that wouldn't have worked. I can't blame him if it was all my fault. Why did he care SO much about this though? He's not usually the academic type.

I walked around the station until I found a spot near a trash can. I had my school backpack and my guitar with me. All of our main bags went up to the station and headed to where the city we were going is. Sort of like an airport and an airplane. I was already far from where the train was.

Slumped against the trash can, my guitar and backpack both at my side, I pulled out my phone. I searched up when the next train to Nagoya would come. Strangely, this was the only train station that went to Nagoya that was near here or in the area.

At first it took awhile to find what I was looking for, but I eventually found it. When I read it, I turned pale. Two weeks it read. Two weeks. NO! THIS CAN'T BE IT! I read others but it all said the same thing. The next train heading towards Nagoya would be two weeks from now. I started sweating. Even one week would be better than this.

Wait.

I started to check just to check if there were anymore train stations that just might have a train heading to Nagoya. I knew that there was none but it was worth a shot. To my luck there was one! That came as a surprise. I read more into it.

Twenty miles away. Without traffic.

Aw man! Even if we did make it, a ticket costs money and we don't have money. If I found Kaminari again, too. He wasn't on my list of problems right now though.

I put my head under my arms. Crying might've been nice, but I didn't cry. Maybe I should have made a plan, but I didn't. For five minutes I just sat there, my head in my arms. After the five minutes I decided  to take out my guitar. 

Strumming the strings made me feel better. Lighter, even. Better, so, I went into some sort of zone. My surrounding disappeared. It became me and the guitar with its music. I saw so much in the zone that I didn't noticed the tapping on my shoulder.

"Excuse me. Purple haired girl." I looked up. There was a girl, about 16 with blue hair, that stood above me. "Hello. I, umm, heard you playing and I thought it was lovely. Are you waiting for a train?"

She caught me by surprise.  "Umm, no, actually. My friend and I just missed ours. We had to go on the train for a class assignment but a large crowd came we got separated from the other two."

"Oh. Well, sorry." It was the first time I looked at her. Her clothes were torn in some places. Her face, dirty. "My name is Aika Tanaka. You can call me Aika though. I like better that way." She smiled.

"Oh, umm, my name is Jiro. Kyoka Jiro. But you can just call me Jiro." 

"Okay then Jiro. How long have you been here? Where's your friend?"

"We just now missed the bus. We were on our way to Nagoya. Kaminari is, I don't actually. We kind of had a fight." Why did I feel like I could trust her? I was just spilling out all this information.  "What's your quirk?"

She smiled. "Trust." Well that made sense. "Anyone I meet up with can trust me if I use it on them." I scooted back. "Don't worry Jiro, you can trust me. Promise. Can I trust you?"

"Yeah, you can." There was a question in the back of my head. "Hey, would you get offended if I ask you a question. It's a kind of stupid one but it's nagging me in the back of my head right now."

Aria looked at me. I noticed that her eyes were kind of big and dark brown. "It will be fine, I'm sure.  I don't get offended easily. Questions are good though."

"Okay then. If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing here? In the station?"

I expected her to actually be offended but she wasn't. She just smiled at me. What was it with this girl and the smiling? Was she trying to hide something? I wasn't sure. "Well, I used to go to school. I got my provisional license as a first year since I was in the hero course at my school. I would be a second year but I had to drop out because of financial problems for my family. Since I have two siblings it cost more."

That makes sense. "So that's why you're here?"

"Well, we move from place to place, trying to get money so we can live on. Ya know?"

"Yeah, I kinda do." I had a faint idea of how it worked.

There was someone calling Akia name. "Oh, sorry about that. My sister's calling me. I like your music. It's really good." Without another word, she left.

Once she left I noticed something on my guitar. Money. Why did she give me money when she was the one who probably needed it more than I did. I looked around to see if she was still there, but she had disappeared. I looked down at the money. Why though?

Taking a deep breath I started playing my guitar again. The zone took over me. Lead me into it and I didn't refuse. I became calm and forgot about everything. Then world vanished to be only me and my guitar. I was much into the zone . So much that I didn't realize another tapping on my shoulder. 

At first I thought it was Aria. The world came back around me. I was about to hand her back the money when I saw who it really was. 

"Hey."