Chapter 25: Black and White

*3rd person*

Kya's shaking finger pointed up to the person who used to her best friend. Memories of trauma, fun, tears, and happiness all came rushing to her at the sight of him. If she wasn't here now, maybe this battle would have been easier. Maybe Kai would have already killed her instead of keeping on chasing her.

No, it ends here and now, she thought. Kya put her finger down. No more frail girl, no more being weak. Kai was her battle, not theirs.

A smirk appeared on her face that scared the others around her. "Kai's my battle. Go fight and win. I have to deal with him on my own."

"But Kya-" Jiro started to speak but she interrupted. 

"We used to be best friends when we were younger. He may kill me, but I know how to deal with him," she winked at the group before heading off. "You ready Kai?" she muttered under her breath.

"Kya?" Kai caught sight of the girl who was walking up to him, a new aura surrounding her. Proud, ready, and one of a predator and killer.

"Ha, you got that right. It's been a while, not counting that last time we met after the train station. Why don't we catch up?" She stretched her arms and hands out in front of her. "After all, we seemed to have changed a lot."

"Whatever you ask for, Kya."

"Great! Don't drown me out too much though. You know how I get," she said.

"Don't worry. I remember everything about you from when you were younger." He looked her up and down. "Still have a thing for those high top black boots, huh?" Kya looked down at her feet to where he pointed out her shoes.

"So you do remember. You're pretty powerful but I can't be sure of your fighting style. Let's see what type you are." The world around them started to become glitchy, but not everyone. Just around them and only them.

Her eyes closed, her breathing calm. Everything inside the bubble around them slowed down. The cool, natural wind from the outside came through inside, blowing Kya's hair smoothly along with it. 

As Kya started to power up her quirk, her blowing brown hair turned a silver grey, her eyes turning a shade of golden yellow once she opened them and concentrated. A look of vengeance filled her eyes as she started at Kai. But she knew he wasn't alone.

"Aria. Come out to where I can see you," Kya demanded. On command, in slow movements, walked out her blue haired sister, Aria.

"Nice to see you again, sis," she said in a normal voice, speaking fast in reality to where she could be heard normal in a slowed time bubble.

"You traitor! You knew well what you were doing and you continued to trick us!"

"Well darling, it's was all part of the plan. How else would it work?"

"Stay away from me, Aria. I won't hesitate to fight you or Kai."

"I won't stay away from you. Show us what you can do," Aria dared her sister. She knew what her sister was capable of. Just because Aria's quirk was trust doesn't mean it's useless. If used in the right ways, it's powerful.

By using her quirk she can make you uncover any and all of your secrets. She can make you tell all your thoughts and ideas. She can even make you get on her side. That's probably how they gained so many allies.

"But why are you doing this?! Why are you with them? We were together our whole lives! We fought starvation and helped our mom! Are you going to just throw away all these memories down the drain!?"