Chapter 30: Funerals Aren't Just For One

"You don't realize the worth of the person in front of you until they're gone." -me

People started filing into the room where my funeral would be played. My dead body was in its coffin, but my soul and presence were outdoor just watching the people as they filed in. 

Most of the people I had recognized; my parents, cousins, etc. along with my classmates and other classes from UA, but some I didn't know. They were most likely parents and siblings to the others.

All around me were mourning faces, laughter from conversations, people sitting alone or waiting for someone to get back, bored young kids, but the person who I hoped to be here wasn't. Even after twenty minutes passed before the ceremony started he still hadn't came. I guess he wasn't going to show up after all.

Once the whole thing started I soon found it hard not to cry. Well, I mean, if I wasn't dead then it would be hard to cry but when you're a floating ghost ya can't cry. But, if I was still in my human body, I would be crying now for sure.

Right as the people started coming up and saying their final words to me the back door opened. No one noticed it, but I did.

Through the doors slipped in Kaminari who was being sneaky and made sure not to get caught. From above I watched him as he walked through the back and listened in to the rest of the funeral.

I floated right in front of his face since I knew this would be the last time I'd get to see him. After my body was gone my soul would go up above. Just thinking about it made me look up towards the sky that was blocked off by the tall ceiling.

At this time, it all started to sink in. I would never get to see my family or friends again until they died too, not counting the very few days I would be able to visit. No matter how much I loved them, I didn't want them to die any time soon.

My attention went back to Kaminari, studying him now so that I won't forget what he looks like. This didn't seem like him during this time. Tear stains across his face, new tears replacing the old ones. So dark and sad unlike the one who used to smile, laugh, and make my day whenever I talked to him or saw him.

Suddenly, he looked straight back up after keeping his head down since he got here. I had gotten hope at first that maybe he saw me, he would be able to see me before I leave him again, but he couldn't. 

When he looked up he started walking up towards the front of the crowd. It had me confuses at first about what he was doing until I realized that he was about to speak. I held my breath because it made me anxious to hear what he was about to say.

"J- Kyoka was more than just someone who liked music and had a dream to become a hero. Anyone who wanted to get to know her would know that. She was one of the greatest people I knew and she helped me find new interests along the way. Kyoka was strong, brave, caring, even if she was a tsundere." 

I- WHY ADD THAT LAST PART?!

"Still, she carried around an aura with her that made me feel comfort and peace. She was braver and smarter than some might think, especially when it was in action. It-" he started to choke on his own sobs as he read through it. "It was such a great time in my life when I got to know her. She was a l-light in the dark, a diamond in the rough. T-that's not overpraising her, if anything that's u-underpraising her but I- I struggle to find the right words that would describe how beautiful and unique she was."

Jiro: ;-;

Dang it now I'm the one who's choking up and I can't even cry!

I stared back at him as he continued talking through sobs about me. It made me warm inside to hear him say all this about him. The warm feeling only grew as he talked. When someone else was talking it didn't make me feel this, but when he was talking it made me feel.