Chapter 23: Another Encounter (Pt.1)

*Jiro*

Two explosions went off, but they weren't like Bakugo's. They seems more like miniature bombs. 

We all stood there for a moment, just frozen in place. My mind was racing in trying to figure out who and how they set it off. But I stopped trying to figure it out once I heard even more explosions rain down. 

"GET BACK HERE YOU BASTARD AND TELL US WHAT'S GOING ON!!!" Bakugo yelled at Albino once he started heading out the door. Bakugo jumped over the seat and tried to reach other door before I caught his arm.

My face was dark. Even I knew that about myself. But we didn't know any information about this attack. We didn't know what quirks, numbers, ages, or anything about them except one of the people part of the operation is someone who acted as a hero and possibly some from that agency, too.

What we needed was to wait for a little longer, just a few minutes, and see what might happen. If nothing, then we would be in the clear to start.

"Bakugo, hold up a minute," I told him.

"Hold up!? We have to stand back here and do nothing?!"

"For now. We don't know anything about these people yet." In my hand's grasp he grumbled to himself.

"Fine! What's the plan then?" he asked.

"We can scratch out a surprise attack because they attacked first. Also, they'll probably be expecting us to fight back," Kaminari stated.

"If we wait too long they'll get suspicious, if we go too early we'll get caught, and if they anticipated the middle time, the best we can go by is luck," Kirishima finished.

"So what?! We just wait until our guts say so?! Well my gut says now!"

"Well my gut says to stop you from listening to your gut!" In the door frame appeared Kya, panting with blood running down her forehead. She stood with one hand on her hip, the other seeming ready to slap Bakugo if he dared cross her.

"Who are you to say this!!?" He dared to walk, or try to walk, pass her and in return he got a cold, hard slap on his cheek that turned his head. "What the f-?!"

"I warned you," she said coldly. "We don't have time to deal with your attitude right now."

"Do you seriously want to die?!"

"I'd rather die than keep on believing that the people I held close to me have betrayed me. All my friends and family."

"Kya..." Inside I felt that she was holding something inside of her. Something that she wouldn't tell. I had a feeling of what it might be although I didn't want to make any assumptions about it.

"It doesn't matter right now. I'll see how it all turns out."

"Where's Aria?" Kaminari asked.

But Kya seemed scared and sad when he asked her the question. "I- I'm not sure. When the explosion went off, we ran different ways and I couldn't find her. I-"

"Do you think she went with them?" Why is he still asking questions that she is clearly uncomfortable with answering?!

"I-" she paused for a while. She knew the answer. "She is."

"Wait wait wait wait," Bakugo waved his hand in front of the small group. "How do we know she's not lying? How do we know if she's not an illusion or a spy or anything!?" As much as I hate to admit it, he had a good point.

"I'm not," Kya told us.

"How can we be so sure though?" Kirishima has asked her.

"I swear on my life, on everything I can swear on, that I'm not."

"What happened to your forehead then? Why is it bleeding?"

"The explosion. Someone was in the cafe had set off the bomb and they started going crazy. Quirkless by my guess. They had a bat and I tried to protect my sister, turns out I didn't really need to in the end, and I got whacked."

"Wouldn't you have passed out?"

"Time. Remember?" Kya's quirk, time, which was difficult to use at times and always had to be careful of how much she would use it. 

"So you used your quirk to lower the damage level that would be caused by the bat," I said, trying to get a full understanding.

"Exactly! I wouldn't be of any help if I was passed out, now would I?" Now she had her usual grin playing back on her face with her hand back on her hip. 

"Guys, we can trust me. She's good."

"How can you be that sure!?" Bakugo yelled. "Her own sister tricked us! How can you know that she won't do the same!?"

"Just because someone that you had close to you betrayed you doesn't mean that someone else they knew would do the same!" I screamed in his face.

"Too bad! I can't trust her!" I could feel Kaminari and Kirishima watching us go back and forth with each other, Kya stuck in the middle of us like we were two kinds fighting over money. 

"If you're not going to trust her then what are you going to do?! Where are you going to go?! We need to stick together!"

"I can handle them by myself!"

"Would you stop thinking about your pride and thinking so high of yourself!? You don't know these people!!"

"We know Aria."

"So just one person who we saw their quirk in action. One person! We don't know her status in this frickin' battle! Just because we know her doesn't mean it'll change anything!" I was about done with this whole thing. I was about to go out of the room to cool off when my eye caught on Inasa. Anything I felt just moments ago had faded away. We had no time to be arguing when there's a battle on our doorstep. "We'll need him. We'll need all the help we can get."

"B-but Jiro-" Kaminari started but I cut him off with my hand.

"If we're gonna do this, we have to do it now. I suggest you get your suits on now." I turned around to face them, my face cold. "Prepare for battle. We'll be leaving soon."