Chapter 31: We'll See Each Other Again

My body felt like it was floating on thin air. My arms were being lifted upwards by an invisible force, but it all felt calming.
"Kaminari!!" That was the last thing I heard before I had died. "Kaminari!!" Now remembering the voices they sounded to me like I was underwater and they were on ground.

My eyes were closed as I continued floating in nothingness. I was afraid that if I opened my eyes that the feeling of peace would disappear. Still, slowly but surely, I opened my eyes to see the vast space around me.
It was a weird color of blue and white mixed in an abstract way. As much as I looked around though, I saw no one at all. It was just me floating in an empty space.

"H-hello?" No one answered but who would in the first place.

I put my head down in disappointment. Was this hell? Was my punishment to float around here alone until the end of the world?!

"Welcome Denki Kaminari." Someone....did answer? The voice boomed from everywhere and nowhere. Weird....

"Someone has been waiting for you. She's both happy and upset that you're here." Wait, was the voice talking about-

The space around me disappeared and a more clearer form of reality appeared before my eyes.

"DENKI!!" I knew that voice anywhere.

"Kyoka?" Still, I had to question it myself. Could this really be her? Then I saw her.
Purple hair, bright smile, her eyes glistening in the light. "Kyoka-" It was her.

She started running towards me and my legs brought me to run to her, too. I was so happy to see her that I almost wanted to cry. "Kyoka!!" Finally we were in each other's arms.

"I see you started using my first name now, huh?" she asked me.

"Yeah. I could say the same to you."

"Well, yeah. I love you, Denki." I love you played back in my head. Did she really love me?

"I- Do you mean-?" She nodded her head.
"Yeah...I love you." I beamed as bright and wide as I ever have before when I was still alive and here in the afterlife (although it hasn't been long...I think).

"I love you too Kyoka." I meant to wrap her in a hug again but instead I found her pressing her lips against mine. And I completely melted in them. Warm and a sense of peace. This is what I had wondered for so long and now she's kissing me.
"I loved you ever since the day I laid eyes on you," I told her.

"Took me a little while to realize but yeah, I loved you even before I knew it myself."

"Stay with me?" I asked her. The answer she was about to give me scared in while I waited.

"Always." I smiled so much there was no longer anything I could do about it. I was with the one I loved.

//Are y'all ready for the epilogue? Honestly I'm a mixture of emotions right now about nearing the end and I'll tell you why next time :)//