Chapter 8: Medicine and Assistance

-Heyo! So, less KamiJiro in this one. Sorry about that. It's just that in my fanfictions they mostly take their time, slowly but not to slow but not super fast. Hope that makes sense. Sorry again. This chapter is mostly about Aria and Kya's mom with Kaminari and Jiro trying to help them get medicine.-

*Aria*

When Kya let out the words that our mother was sick I felt embarrassed. Not of Mother, but of myself and Kya. There was nothing we could do for our mother and what made this worse was that this is how my father had died two months ago.

We couldn't gather enough money to get him medicine, only a doctor. When the doctor told us what medicine we needed, we knew already that we wouldn't be able to offered it. My sister and I tried our best to gather enough money to pay for it, but we ran out of time.

Within one month he was gone. Dead. There was nothing we could do anymore. Now our mother had the same thing our father had. We weren't going to sit around and do nothing. We started playing our music and gathered just about enough money. But our mother's condition is getting worse. 

Jiro looked at me with sad and confused eyes. "What do you mean 'help your mother'? Is something wrong with her?"

Was I supposed to respond? "Umm," I looked down at my feet, strands of my blue hair falling in front of my face. I couldn't lie. "Yeah. She is. We needed money for medicine so we have been gathering some."

Kaminari stepped forward. "Why don't you take it then?"

"N-no. I can't. You need it for school and the train."

"We have way more than enough. Take most of it then. We'll just take what we need." He pulled out a small bag and put a portion if the money inside. "You may have the rest." Dang, it was a lot.

"We don't need that much. Honestly. Tell them Kya." Kya, my little sister who is 14 years old, two years and nine months younger than me. It may sometimes seem like she is younger but she is actually quite mature.

"Yeah we don't. We already gathered most of what we need. And-" 

"Well, why don't you take us to her? It's probably not contagious, right?" Jiro asking the question caught me almost off guard.

"No, it's not. Umm, sure. You can come see her." Kaminari packed up and we headed over to see my mom. It wasn't far from where we're at. To be honest, I didn't have an idea what she had. Only the medicine we needed.

Kya bent over and crouched besides our mom once we reached over to her. "Hey mom. Guess what? We're gonna be able to help you now! Aria and I found these two people and their really nice. They said that we can have the money that they have left over since we gathered quite a bunch."

Mom looked up at Kya with sick eyes, but didn't say anything. I knew time was running out and we needed to get that medicine as soon as possible. Thankfully, Jiro asked the question I needed to tell. "What medicine is it that she needs? Is it near here?"

I showed her a piece of paper I had in my pocket. It had the name of the medicine and the price. The amount it cost was about $300. Kaminari peaked over her shoulder and when he saw the price his eyes grew wide. "Let's see how much we have," he had said.

"Actually, Kya and I have saved up to about $198. I know it's not what we need but at least it some."

"Well, we actually got $408 from playing our music today. That's actually a lot for just one performance." The last part Jiro mumbled to herself. She didn't have confidence in herself. 

Kaminari must have heard her because he looked like he was about to tell her something, but then decided against it. Instead he said, "Anyways, where can we get the medicine?"

"The place is actually here at the station. There is only one left so we have to hurry. Come on I'll lead you to it." I lead Kaminari and Jiro to the shop where the medicine is sold. Kya stayed behind with mom to keep an eye on her.

Once I was in the store we went to the front. "Excuse me! Sir!" There was a guy with black, cut hair behind the counter. "I have the money. Now give it to me." He knew what I was talking about. He looked at my two companions and had a look of remembering in his eyes.

"Are you two from UA? I saw you on TV for the Sports Festival."

"Yeah! We are!" Kaminari replied to the guy while putting on arm over Jiro. That action caused a slight blush, almost unable to see, form on her cheeks. Aww, they would make such a cute couple.

When the guy turned around and unlocked the cabinet, he took out the medicine and handed it to me. Jiro got out of Kaminari's arm and handed him the money. The black-haired man took it and gave us the change.

"Hope your mom gets better, Aria. Say hi to Kya," the person said. We came here way too often. But now, I finally have the medicine! This could save my mom!

When we came back I had a smile on my face, as did Kya when I showed her the medicine. I read the directions and then gave it to mom. Kya had the water ready for her to drink. As she drank it I could see color returning to her face. I smiled so much, this could really help her and heal her.

I turned to Jiro and Kaminari. Wrapping my arms over their necks I whispered to them, "Thank you so much. I am so lucky to have met you." Tears of joy and happiness streamed down my face. Yes. This was good.

-Hey! So, school has been taking up a lot of my time and I have a lot of homework so the chapters might have some slower updates but I will do my best to update them as soon as possible. I am sorry about that. I'll keep on trying to do my best though. Hope you enjoy the rest though. Once again, I am sorry for not much KamiJirou being in this chapter.-