half a man

but how am i supposed to love you when i don't love who i am?
and how could i give you all of me when i'm only half a man?
cause i'm a sinking ship that's burning so let go of my hand
(half a man by dean lewis)

"atsumu we're not going to work."

"w-what do you mean? omi, i thought we were good? what did i do?"

"nothing. i just- i can't do this right now."

"i can fix this! please i know i can. whatever i did-"

"god atsumu it's not you! it's me! i'm sorry but i just can't do this anymore."

and with that kiyoomi walked out leaving a confused and hurt atsumu.

kiyoomi dialed his cousin's number sighing.

(komori , sakusa)

hello?

i ended it.

what do you mean you ended it?

me and atsumu were fucking over.

what the fuck? why?

it doesn't matter i'll explain later. can i just come over?

yeah man of course.

*call ended*

kiyoomi drove to komori's and went inside. the door was usually kept unlocked.

"so what happened?" komori asked as his cousin sat next to him on the couch.

"i just," kiyoomi paused. "i won't be able to make him happy. he deserves so much more like.. like bokuto or hinata. i know it sounds stupid but-"

"yeah it does sound fucking stupid. you were actually happy with atsumu-kun and you're just gonna let him go because you think you're not enough. do you even think he would've gotten with you if you weren't enough? no. man for such a smart guy you're pretty dense sometimes kiyo," komori sighed.

"are you done with the lecture?" kiyoomi rubbed his temples.

"yeah now what are you gonna do to fix this?"

"i don't know."

"well you better figure it out soon, i have a feeling someone like atsumu doesn't stay single for long."

"yeah you're right."

___

the next morning kiyoomi got up early.

he'd stayed at komori's house over night and he now planned to try to patch things up with atsumu.

kiyoomi went back to the apartment he'd shared with atsumu until last night.

he knocked at first but didn't get any response.

the raven haired man was slightly worried so he used his spare key to get inside.

he saw atsumu passed out on the couch with tear stained cheeks and dark bags under his eyes.

atsumu was clinging to a fox plushie kiyoomi got him on their first date like his life depended on it.

'fuck i messed up'
kiyoomi thinks to himself.

"hey atsu baby," he knelt down next to his boyfriend shaking him softly.

"mm omi? you're back?" atsumu asked half asleep looking cute as ever.

"yeah i am," kiyoomi said.

the two had a long talk and they both talked about their insecurities and feelings and by the end of it everything was perfect again.

"i'm sorry for all of this," kiyoomi sighed as he held his boyfriend in his arms.

"don't be sorry omi, just talk to me next time please," atsumu kissed his boyfriend's cheek.

"will do."

tried writing more from kiyoomi's perspective i hope you guys like it <3