photograph

we keep this love in a photograph
we made these memories for ourselves
where our eyes are never closing
hearts are never broken
times forever frozen still
(photograph, by ed sheeran)

*atsumu's pov*

it's been 5 years since today since omi left.

after graduation his parents made him go to some fancy prep school.

the day he left he'd said

"i'll come back for you."

he also said it'd be better to just cut all ties between us.

no texts, calls, or letters. just nothing.

"you should just move on atsumu. it's been five years," osamu said.

i've been helping out at his brother's onigiri shop and the two have this talk at least once a week.

although i always say i'll move on i don't.

i cant.

"just a little bit more time is all he needs," is what i always say.

that night as i laid in bed i thought of omi. all of our old memories from high school. it seems like it was so long ago and i guess it was.

when i finally fell asleep i heard a knock on the door.

"who's here this late?" i asked myself as i rub my eyes and stumble to the door.

"hello?" i asked my eyes still a little blurry.

"atsumu?" i'd know that voice anywhere.

"omi?" it can't be. "is it really you?"

"it's really me. i told you i'd come back," he said.

he looks so much more handsome than i remember.

*third person*

atsumu springs himself onto kiyoomi hugging him tightly.

"i've missed you so much," the faux blonde mumbled.

"i missed you too," kiyoomi smiled.

the two went to sleep and when they woke up they talked for a long while.

"omi?" atsumu asked changing the subject a bit.

"yes?"

"what if things aren't the same?"

"what do you mean?" kiyoomi asked.

"i mean high school was perfect and-" atsumu paused. "and what if it's not the same?"

"hey.. look at me," kiyoomi put his hand on atsumu's cheek making sure they were making perfect eye contact. "it's obviously not gonna be the same but we'll work it out okay? i loved you then and i love you now just as much."

"i love you too omi. can you.. can you promise not to leave again?" atsumu asked quietly.

"of course. and i'm so sorry that i did leave you. i promise it's never gonna happen again. i'll stay by your side no matter what," kiyoomi said truthfully.

the two shared a sweet kiss and got up to get ready for the day.

•••

"so yer back for good now?" osamu asked sitting across from his brother and his boyfriend at onigiri miya.

"yeah i am," kiyoomi said.

"good," osamu said. there was obvious tension and osamu wasn't very trusting of kiyoomi after the stunt he pulled.

a little bit later atsumu left to go to the bathroom.

"ya better not break his fucking heart again," osamu said.

"i'm sorry?" kiyoomi asked.

"ya left, didn't talk to tsumu for five years, that's fucked up man. i mean i get you were at your school or whatever but a simple text or even just a letter would've made things so much better." it took a lot for osamu not to yell at kiyoomi but he didn't thankfully.

"i didn't mean to hurt him," kiyoomi sighed. "i just thought it'd be easier."

"well it wasn't. you have no idea what he went through but that's for him to tell you."

"hey guys what'd i miss?" atsumu asked with a smile though it slightly faded once noticing the tension between his brother and his boyfriend.

"i gotta get back to work, you two should go home," osamu said getting up and going back behind the counter.

and so atsumu and kiyoomi went home though the faux blonde didn't know where the tension was coming from.

"are you okay?" he asked as they sat down on the couch.

"what happened to you while i was gone?" the taller asked.

"nothing happened to me, what do ya mean omi?" atsumu asked.

"osamu said you went through a lot," kiyoomi said intertwining their fingers.

"oh.. i mean i guess. it was just hard ya know? i was scared you'd forget about me."

"i would never, you're unforgettable atsu. you always have been and you always will be."

"i love you so much omi."

"i love you more baby."

ahh i'm actually kinda proud of this one i hope y'all liked it.