i love you

maybe won't you take it back?
say you were trying to make me laugh
and nothing has to change today
you didn't mean to say
"i love you"
i love you and i dont want to
(i love you by billie eilish)

"i love you."

three little words that should've never slipped out of the faux blonde's mouth.

"atsumu you-" kiyoomi paused trying to wrap his head around it. "you don't mean that."

"y-yeah i do. i um i should go," atsumu quickly grabbed his back and got up from the park bench the two were seated on.

"atsumu wait-"

the faux blonde didn't listen. he had to get out of there.

the two had been talking for about two months and had been getting closer. atsumu always had a bit of an infatuation with kiyoomi but he'd never admit it.

until now.

kiyoomi decided to text atsumu maybe try and knock some sense into him.

2:37pm
kiyoomi: atsumu are you okay?
kiyoomi: it's okay, we can just laugh about it and nothing will change

atsumu didn't respond for a long time.

'i really fucked things up this time huh'

the faux blonde thought to himself as a tear fell down his cheek.

he went to sleep thinking maybe when he woke up it would all be a dream.

later when he woke up though he saw the texts from kiyoomi and dreaded everything.

7:58
atsumu: but i want things to change

kiyoomi: you don't mean that atsumu. you didn't mean to say "i love you".

atsumu: yes i did omi
atsumu: i get it if you don't feel the same but i can't just forget about how i feel about you

kiyoomi: meet me at the park we were at earlier.

atsumu: okay
seen

atsumu's heart raced as he put his shoes on and walked out of his house.

'is he gonna hate me?'

'does he already hate me?'

'what if he never even wanted to be my friend?'

so many thoughts were going through atsumu's head he barely even noticed when he got to the park.

he sat down next to kiyoomi on the same park bench as last time.

"omi i-"

"let me talk," sakusa said and atsumu nodded. "i want to be in a relationship with you."

"y-you do?" atsumu asked obviously surprised.

"yeah i do. so atsumu will you be my boyfriend?" kiyoomi asked.

"yes!" the faux blonde smiled and jumped on his new boyfriend hugging him.

and though kiyoomi rolled his eyes a bit he smiled too and hugged back.

why am i so bad at writing angst 😰 i was planning to make this so much more angsty than it is but it just turned out like this xjxjzjsjdj i hope you guys like it!!
also i'll be updating something christmas eve later!!