juliet

but i need to understand
when i can power through
and when i need some help from you
when i should stand my ground
and when i need to just sit down
(juliet but cavetown)

in high school atsumu was never any good at expressing his emotions.

when he grew up that didn't change.

he loved being his hyper cheery self but sometimes things became too much.

he'd bottle up his feelings until they all just escaped at once.

he'd done that since he was a kid.

the faux blonde had taken up volleyball to let his emotions out. his parents were starting to get tired of the meltdowns.

atsumu doesn't meltdown often- sometimes he'll have small little fits but nothing too serious.

the last time he'd really broke down was when osamu told him he was quitting volleyball.

now though he didn't even know what was happening.

atsumu couldn't bring himself to leave his bed and his eyes wouldn't stop flooding with tears.

his head hurt like a bitch and his stomach was aching from not eating for hours.

he heard his phone going off with text notifications and a few times he heard his phone going off as if someone was calling him.

he just cried harder hearing

"atsumu?"

the faux blonde heard his boyfriend's voice.

he'd forgotten he gave kiyoomi a key.

"omi?" atsumu whispered though he knew the other couldn't hear him.

he was huddled under three blankets unaware of what to do.

"atsu-" there was a pause, the voice was closer now.

"atsumu what are you doing? it's nearly 5 o'clock why are you still in bed?" kiyoomi asked although his voice was soft.

"omi.." the blonde whimpers shakily.

"what is it tsumu? will you look at me?"

atsumu slowly uncovered his face revealing puffy red eyes and messy hair.

"what happened baby?" the taller sat next to his boyfriend running his fingers through messy bleached hair.

"i don't know.. i-it's all just too much," the blonde whispered quietly

"what is?"

"i don't know!" atsumu was now crying harder.

"hey hey come here, love just breathe," kiyoomi now laid down next to his boyfriend and pulled him close.

"you're alright, everything will be okay," he whispered as well as other little sweet nothings into the faux blonde's ear.