you wrote 'don't forget' on your arm

but now i'm looking for a time machine
or anyone who can justify why i've been gone
or anyone to lie to me
they could say that they understand the things i've done
(you wrote 'don't forget' on your arm, by flatsound)

atsumu sat in his living room drunk out of his mind.

he didn't quite remember how he got there.

he wanted- no he needed- someone, anyone.

so the blonde picked up his phone and called his brother.

his head was spinning but he ignored it.

"hello? tsumu?"

"s-samu.." he hiccuped.

"tsumu what's wrong?"

"i really fucked up didnt i? a-and now he's gone.." atsumu didn't acknowledge the hot tears that started to fall down his cheeks.

"atsumu you have to stop beating yourself up about this. it's late you should get some sleep."

"i cant samu! i can't do anything anymore! everything i do- everything i know, he's there. why was i so stupid..?"

"tsumu try to get some sleep please. i'll come visit you in the morning and bring you some food, sound good?"

atsumu wanted to protest. he wanted to keep yelling. the pain in his throat, in his chest, everywhere.

"o-okay.." he mumbled as the phone hung up.

the blonde stared blankly out the window.

it was only about midnight.

you may be confused.

you see five weeks ago sakusa ended his relationship with atsumu.

atsumu knew it was his fault.

the blonde had felt his anxiety getting to him and instead of seeking help he pushed sakusa away.

sakusa had no knowledge of what was really going on with atsumu, all he knew was the blonde was distancing himself and he didn't want a relationship like that.

and now atsumu was scrolling through social media seeing ushijima wakatoshi's newest post. it's one of him and sakusa smiling softly with a soft sunset behind them.

atsumu felt like his heart was being torn out of his chest.

he'd known kiyoomi and ushijima got together... he just wasn't ready to see it for himself.

more tears flowed down atsumu's cheeks as he threw his phone across the room.

"fuck!" he yelled.

"i miss you so much kiyoomi.." he whimpered to himself.

atsumu could only think of one person who would understand what he's going through.

the blonde felt selfish.

he was the one who pushed kiyoomi away he shouldn't get to feel so heartbroken.

as the blonde stumbled to get up he grabbed his phone, which now had a cracked screen, and dialed a number he barely remembered having.

"tendou-san?" his voice wavered.

"atsumu-kun? what are you doing calling so late isn't it like 1am for you?" 

atsumu forgot how different the time zones are between france and japan but luckily it was only about 4 or 5pm for tendou.

"um yeah but there's something i need to ask you."

"alright, what's up?"

"what did you do when ushijima-san broke up with you?"

"oh.. uh.. i'm not quite sure. why do you ask?"

"i don't know i thought you might give good advice."

"did you get broken up with recently atsumu-kun?"

"yeah. i'm sure you've seen
ushijima-san's new social media posts."

"i see, so you were sakusa's boyfriend?"

"yeah, i got too distant and he broke up with me.." the blonde felt the tears start to bubble again. "a-and now he's with ushijima-san."

"atsumu the best thing you can do is get over it. i know it's hard right now but just do what you can to try to move on. it doesn't have to be sane i mean hell i moved out of the country."

"are you suggesting i move out of the country?" atsumu asked with a watery laugh.

"no," tendou laughed as well. "i'm saying take some time for you."

"what do i do to make it stop hurting? i miss him so much.."

"i know but you'll get over it and one day you'll look back and laugh. you'll think of all the memories and be glad for the experience."

"yeah i guess you're right. thank you so much tendou-san."

"of course atsumu-kun. call anytime you need and if you ever visit france my door is always open."

with that the two ended the call.

atsumu thought about everything tendou had said. it really sobered him up.

tendou is right atsumu decided and he needed to move on.

so although as he took a shower crying at the thought of sakusa kiyoomi, he knew he'd be alright. he'd move on, or if he was really lucky kiyoomi would come back to him.

"whatever happens omi omi.. i love you," the blonde whispered as a single tear fell down his cheek.

atsumu fell asleep that night not ready for the killer hang over he was bound to have, but ready to lose the pain in his chest.

the next morning atsumu woke up early.

he didn't get out of bed he just scrolled through his phone mindlessly.

'maybe he'll come back to me one day...'

this isn't what i planned to write
i've been reading angst stories all day i'm so sorry 😰 this is the first story i've ever ended with a sad ending I AM SO SORRY but like lol sakuatsu and ushiten angst 😩