i miss you i'm sorry (angst, kind of)

nothing happened in the way i wanted every corner of this house is haunted and i know you said that we're not talking
but i miss you
i'm sorry

(i miss you i'm sorry by gracie abrams)

atsumu walked into practice. it's been about two weeks since the fight between him and kiyoomi, the fight that ruined their relationship.

nobody really knows what happened to the two since they seemed so happy together.

the team just knows that ever since one rainy night two weeks ago things just haven't been the same.

"i'm really starting to get worried about tsumtsum," bokuto whispered to hinata who nodded in agreement.

the two watched as the server walked by not making eye contact with anyone.

"we need to do something," hinata whispered.

"like what?" bokuto asked.

"i don't know.. maybe ask akaashi-san?"

"that's a great idea!"

"what's a great idea bokuto?" meian asked.

"nothing!" hinata and bokuto screamed together and their captain just rolled his eyes playfully before walking away.

after practice everyone was walking out.

atsumu watched solemnly as kiyoomi walked ahead of him to his car.

the server then shook his head walking the other direction to his own car.

as atsumu drove home he couldn't get rid of the feeling in his chest. it's been there for two weeks now and.. well i assume you know why.

when he walked into his small one bedroom apartment that used to be bearable when kiyoomi lived here with him.

two weeks ago...

"i don't think we should see each other anymore." kiyoomi stated.

"what do ya mean omi? we live together," atsumu laughed nervously hoping his raven haired boyfriend was just playing a trick on him.

"komori said i can stay with him for a few weeks until i get my own apartment."

"o-omi ya can't be serious.." kiyoomi couldn't stand to make eye contact with the faux blind this was hard enough as it is.

"i am."

"why?! what did i do? th-there's gotta be somethin i can do to fix things," atsumu could feel the tears welling up in his eyes but he didn't care anymore.

"we'll be better off without each other."

"ya can't just say that! ya can't leave me without any explanation!" atsumu was a mess now, sobs escaping from his throat.

"i'm sorry, atsu."

that's all kiyoomi said before grabbing his bags and walking out of the small one bedroom apartment.

back to the present...

after reliving thay scene for the 187390 time this week atsumu was once again sobbing on his old ratty couch.

he grabbed his phone out of weakness and dialed kiyoomi's number.

voicemail.

"h-hey omi."

atsumu didn't even know what he wanted to say. maybe he'd beg 'omi' to come back or maybe he'd just try to be casual. we all know the faux blond doesn't have it in him to be 'casual'.

"i miss you.. i'm sorry. i know you said not to call but i-i really just need to hear your voice right now or- or see your face. i'm sorry this is so stupid. i won't bother you again.. i love you."

kiyoomi broke as he heard those last three words. he could hear the pain in atsumu's voice and he couldn't take it anymore.

the raven haired man got into his car and drove the 6 miles from komori's apartment to his old one.

he pulled the spare key he still had from his pocket unlocking the door.

kiyoomi heard small sobs coming from the bedroom and he mentally cursed himself.

"atsumu?"

no response.

kiyoomi sighed and walked into the bedroom.

"atsumu."

"o-omi..?" atsumu wiped his eyes sitting up slightly from where he's buried under a mountain of blankets.

"i got your voicemail," kiyoomi slowly approached the bed.

"i-i'm sorry. i didn't mean to drag ya out here i just-" atsumu was cut off by strong arms wrapping around him.

"no, i'm sorry. i was wrong, you amazing and i love you so much. i don't want to lose you atsumu, i know i've been terrible to you but please forgive me. i swear i'll never do something like this again. i love you," kiyoomi said hugging the faux blonde tightly.

"i love you too," atsumu whispered hugging back and burying his face into the crook of kiyoomi's neck. "i'm so glad to have ya back."

"are you sure?" the raven haired man asked.

"more than anything." atsumu said as kiyoomi pulled away slightly kissing the bleach blonde tenderly.

"i love you so much," the raven haired man said as he peppered kisses along atsumu's face.

"i love ya too omi," atsumu smiled for the first time since kiyoomi left.

the slightly taller male changed his clothes before laying down next to atsumu. the faux blonde curls up next to his boyfriend laying his head on his chest.

the two finally slept peacefully now that they were by each others sides once again.

this low key hurt to write but i can never write a sakuatsu story with a bad ending. i could barely even write their fight- it was so hard xjzjzjns, anyways i hope you guys like this!!