first burn

heaven forbid someone whispers
"he's part of some scheme"
your enemy whispers
so you have to scream
i know about whispers
i know how you look at my *brother
(first burn, from hamilton)

miya atsumu and sakusa kiyoomi were to be married as soon as when winter came.

it was currently fall.

kiyoomi, from the itachiyama kingdom traveled all the way to the inarizaki kingdom to get married to one of the twins.

the kingdoms decided as a way of keeping peace between them they would marry into each other's families.

kiyoomi would come to inarizaki and marry one of the twins and then they'd go back to the itachiyama kingdom since the prince's parents were old and sickly.

they would become kings soon enough and peace would be kept.

when kiyoomi was welcomed into the inarizaki kingdom the twin he'd be marrying was already chosen.

he had golden blonde hair that accentuated his eyes. he also wore a small smile that was obviously practiced, it couldn't be his real one because it didn't reach his eyes.

"this is atsumu, my son you'll be marrying," the queen says as he husband, the king, nods.

"hello nice to meet you," atsumu says, in once again a practiced tone.

"likewise," kiyoomi responds nonetheless.

they shake hands and the king and queen tells their son to escort his fiancé to where he'll be staying.

"my parents wanted us to stay together but i figured you'd like your privacy, at least for now," the faux blonde says and kiyoomi nods.

later that night at the banquet it quiet, almost eery.

the air is cautious and the other twin, osamu, seemed to be shooting flares at the itachiyama prince any chance he got. the guard behind osamu, who was lean and had fluffy hair, seemed to be eyeing him suspiciously as well.

it stopped though when atsumu shot glares at the two of them though.

kiyoomi didn't quite understand but he'd find out soon enough. that's what he's there for after all.

he needs to gain information, as much of it as he can.

nearly a month goes by and it's early november now.

kiyoomi and atsumu have grown closer and now share sleeping quarters.

the faux blonde has opened up more and kiyoomi has gotten to see his true smile, that did reach his eyes.

they'd grown quite fond of each other, even having nicknames and terms of endearments.

"omi"

"atsu"

"love"

"darling"