listen before i go (angst, tw)

take me to the roof top,
i wanna see the world when i stop breathing.
(listen before i go, billie eilish)

(TW: suicidal thoughts, attempted suicide)

"hello?" atsumu picked up his phone after seeing his brother was calling.

"hey, ma' just called me and wanted me to tell ya she wants us to come home next weekend," osamu said, his voice a usual monotone.

"oh.. i'm not sure if i'll be able to make it," atsumu said with a slight chuckle.

"whaddya mean? do ya have plans?" osamu asked.

"sorta.." atsumu's sentence drifted off.

"ya know ma' will be furious if we don't show up. what could be more important?"

"i don't know. i'll see what i can do," and with that atsumu hung up the phone not wanting to hear his brothers lecture right now.

'this all just fuckin sucks'

atsumu trudged through his small studio apartment bored out of his mind. he was trying to distract himself but he wasn't doing a good job.

osamu was slightly surprised at atsumu's attitude and the way he just hung up like that. he figured it was just one of atsu's moods but today it seemed different than that. osamu decided to text sakusa just to ask if he could keep an eye on atsumu to see if he's acting strange during practice or something.

osamu:
hey, i was wondering if you could keep an eye on atsumu today.. just to see if he's acting strange at all.

sakusa:
yeah, i guess i can. why what's up?

osamu:
he's just acting stranger than usual ig

sakusa:
alright, if i see anything weird i'll tell you.

osamu:
kay thanks sakusa

sakusa:
no problem.

later at practice atsumu didn't show up.

"that's weird where's tsum tsum?" bokuto asked and hinata shrugged.

"maybe he's sick," hinata said shrugging once again.

kiyoomi sighed knowing he should probably tell osamu.

after texting the faux gray haired twin he called the bleach blonde only to get sent to voicemail.

'damn it miya' the raven haired man thought to himself.

kiyoomi was shocked when later that night atsumu messaged him.

he sent a picture of the stars with a cation saying "so pretty, right??"

kiyoomi replied by called the blonde.

"where are you?" he asked immediately.

"i'm lookin at the stars omi-kun," atsumu sounded like he had a smile on his face but kiyoomi didn't miss the small waver in his voice.

"your brother's worried about you," the slightly taller man sighed. "so am i."

"there's nothin to be worried about. i'll be out of yer way soon," atsumu chuckled a bit.

"what do you mean atsu?"

"whaddya think i mean?"

"atsumu where are you?" kiyoomi asked again more urgently.

"i told ya omi."

"send me your location. i'll come get you."

"no.. there's no need for that. i'm fine omi seriously," the faux blonde's voice wavered more than before. "i should go, i'll.. i'll see ya later."

kiyoomi cursed under his breath as atsumu hung up.

atsumu's hand shook as he looked down at his phone.

'why did i pick up?' he asked himself.

looking over the edge the fall didn't seem so bad. the stars really were beautiful.

he looked at his wrists crusted with dried blood and scars. shaking his head he sat on the edge his legs dangling over.

'am i really gonna do this?' atsumu sighed.

"this is what's right. everyone will be happier," he mumbled to himself.

he breathed in the sharp cold air which he couldn't seem to feel pricking at his skin. he stood up looking over the edge once again.

"atsumu wait!"

the blonde flinched at the familiar voice.

"o-omi..?"

"atsumu come down from there please," kiyoomi begged coming closer.

atsumu shook suddenlu freezing as tears started flooding down his cheeks.

"i'm sorry," was all he managed to say unable to move from where he was paralyzed with fear and regret.

"hey it's okay, just come here, come here and everything will be okay," kiyoomi held his arms open for atsumu trying his best to keep his composure and he strong for the bleach blonde.

"i-i can't," atsumu sobbed.

"yes you can, i know you can," the slightly taller male stepped closer to atsumu who fell into his arms.

"shh it's okay, you're okay," kiyoomi held him close stroking his hair and wiping his tears. "everything's gonna be okay."

after a while atsumu's breathing steadied and the tears stopped for the most part. kiyoomi decided to drive him to his own apartment not trusting the bleach blonde to be alone

after letting atsumu shower and get warmed up kiyoomi gave him a change of clothes which was just one size too big on the faux blonde, kiyoomi made some tea and lead atsumu to his bed.

"thank you," atsumu whispered taking a sip of tea.

"no need to thank me, get some sleep alight?" kiyoomi said as he stood up ready to walk out and sleep on the couch.

"wait, can ya stay?" the faux blonde asked with those big puppy dog eyes.

"of course," kiyoomi gave in.

atsumu hesitantly cuddled up to the raven haired man who wrapped his arms around him immediately.

"please talk to me atsu, whatever you need i'll be here for you."

"i love ya omi."

"i love you too."

this was- woah. this low key migjt he ooc but i was kinda self projecting so- :/ anyways i hope you guys like this and i'll try make more happier stuff :)