just fine

(the fact i didn't even register valentine's day happened is just amazing 😻 sorry i didn't make a valentines chapter but i'll make something super soft for you guys!)

well i forgot my way back home
i called your number on my phone
and asked you for directions in my car
and i can't sleep i'm up at night
you're in my ear and i'm alright
i'm trying not to put it on the line
(just fine by spookyghostboy)

atsumu and sakusa had met at a training camp during their second year of high school.

they had exchanged numbers and texted each a lot ever since.

they would usually call at night if they weren't busy.

lately atsumu had felt like he was drifting.

he'd never really cared of what people thought of him because he had osamu.

if osamu didn't hate him then it was fine.

but now with graduation coming up, and osamu quitting volleyball, and osamu dating suna, atsumu felt as if his brother didn't need him anymore.

one night when the blonde was feel tired and kind of sad if he was being honest he texted sakusa and asked if they could call.

atsumu
hey omi omi ^^

omi
hi atsumu.

atsumu
can we call plsss??

omi
sorry not tonight, my cousin is spending the night. how about tomorrow though?

atsumu
yeah sure!
goodnight omi omi sleep well :) <333

omi
you too. <3

atsumu smiled softly at the heart sakusa included.

it had taken about 6 months for the raven to even call him by his first name.

all of the little things were what made atsumu love sakusa so much.

he hated that he had a huge crush on the germaphobe but he chose to ignore it most of the time.

the two had been friends for about a year now and were in a really good place.

it was hard getting there but it was all worth it in atsumu's opinion.

just being able to talk to sakusa was worth it all.

the blonde looked at sakusa as if he hung the stars in the sky.

later that week sakusa was finally available to call.

atsumu was excited although he was getting upset at himself that the one night he was barely able to keep his eyes open is the one where he can talk to his crush

"hello atsumu," sakusa said as soon as atsumu picked up.

"hiya omi omi," the blonde said smiling although sakusa couldn't see.