SEVENTY - THREE ✵ old faces

' OLD FACES '
act eleven ; chapter seven

' OLD FACES ' act eleven ; chapter seven

︽✵︽

JELLAL FERNANDES WAS A LOT HEAVIER THAN Y/N IMAGINED. She didn't normally ponder people's weight, not anymore at least. Back when she first joined the Fairy tail guild, (not that she would say she had much of a choice) she would try and guess how much each member weighed, as well as other characteristics and traits. She was bored and didn't have much else, mostly due to her unwillingness to speak to anyone besides the occasional small talk with Erza and Gramps. She was difficult the first few months of her arrival at the guild. Very difficult.

She shouldn't have been as shocked as she was at Jellals body mass. He was tall and lean; he had a muscular chest with strong broad shoulders, his muscles engraved into his flesh. He was going to be heavy; it also didn't help that he could hardly walk. The right side of his body was completely dependent on her own. His arm was thrown loosely over her shoulder as she attempted to carry him back to her place.

It wasn't that much of a big deal to her; she could still carry him with only a bit of struggle. The girl was strong, a lot stronger than she should have been. She could thank the Red Room for that.

"Come on Jelly bean, work with me here." Y/N grunted as he began to fall to the left.

"I'm- I'm not a jelly bean, I'm not edible." He slurred as his head fell foreword. "Please don't eat me, I have to repent for my sins first..."

Y/N sighed and rubbed his back as they continued to walk through the streets. Maybe she should have asked someone at the guild to help lug the guy to her place. "If you stop falling into my side, I promise that I won't eat you."

Her words seemed to prick a reaction out of him as she felt most of his weight retract from her side. The arm thrown around her shoulder tightened slightly as the man looked up ahead of them. This allowed Y/N to have a full view of his flushed face and drunk eyes. His gaze stuck to any object in front of him, looking at it strangely with parted lips and slightly narrowed eyes.

I don't think I've seen anyone stare at a tree with such interest before.

"I need food." He mumbled as his stomach erupted in a roar. His free hand moved to rub his empty stomach as he groaned.

Y/N laughed faintly as they turned a corner. His lips turned into a frown and he looked generally heartbroken that he was hungry. She couldn't help but sigh in relief as she saw her building coming into site. "You seem to be struggling Jellal. You can eat something at my place, you don't have to starve."

"No, it's - it fine, you don't have to waste your food on me."

The girl frowned at his words as they entered her building. Even when he's drunk, he still has that attitude.