SIXTY - FOUR ✵ an old mans' whish

' AN OLD MANS' WHISH '
act ten ; chapter seven

' AN OLD MANS' WHISH 'act ten ; chapter seven

︽✵︽

NOW THAT SHE WAS THINKING ABOUT IT, Y/N PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE GONE RIGHT BACK TO THE GUILD. Spending time with Macbeth was nice - much nicer than she expected. He had a calm presence and she liked the sound of his voice, it was smooth - tranquil. However, she was taken by the royal army in front of her overly protective guild mates. She could only imagine the shit storm that erupted after she left.

"You didn't think to mention that you were kidnapped by the royal army to me?" Macbeth clicked his tongue and shook his head. The newly formed, 'Fuck off so I can sleep' duo had been walking for ten minutes before Y/N told him of her situation. "You're stupid. Did they hurt you? Why did they take you?"

Y/N only hummed and bit into her lip. "They didn't hurt me or anything like that. They did, however, piss me off."

"Care to tell me why?"

"Nope."

A long tiring sigh ripped out of the man's throat as he looked ahead of them. He chose to abandon the empty camp, deciding it would be safer to walk her back to her guild. He would also get to spend some more time with her - not that he would admit it out loud of course. The forest they were in was thick, every step he took another branch would snap or the leaves would crunch. He found it painfully annoying.

I'm sure Natsu would have stormed the castle by now, God, Wendy must be terrified - Laxus, fuck he's probably killed someone by now. Holy shit Guildarts! He's probably declared war!

With each thought, another trick of worry ran through her and the speed of her walk increased.

"Is there a reason you're walking so quickly?" Macbeth narrowed his eyes at her. The way her stroll had turned to a power walk alarmed him. He quickened his pace to keep up with her, he hated how the wind slapped him in the face.

"I need to get back to the guild." She stated, her eyes not looking back at him. It annoyed him, he wanted her to look at him.

"Hmm, that's a good idea, I'm sure your little fairy friends are ever so worried." He teased sending her a smirk. "Imagine Dragneels' expression when I tell him you came to me instead of him."

Y/N rose an eyebrow and looked back at him. "I went there to see the girls - not you."

Macbeth rolled his eyes, his cheeks dawning a light blush. "Well, you stayed with me instead of going back, so-"

"I'M NOT GOING TO LET THOSE ROYAL AMRY FUCKS TAKE MY Y/N AWAY!"

The roaring of a familiar pink haired boy silenced Macbeth. Both their heads shot in the left as they saw a blur of scorching red fire storm past them. Some leaves caught on fire.