TWELVE ✵ getting help

' GETTING HELP '
act two ; chapter six

' GETTING HELP 'act two ; chapter six

︽✵︽

Y/N HAD NEVER BEEN SCARED TO BE INSIDE THE GUILD BEFORE. Maybe when she first joined but she was never as scared as she was now. It was early in the morning, the sun was just starting to rise and the early morning air was cool. She stood a bit away from Cobra who earlier had sent Erza and Makarov a message that they needed to talk.

She was pulling on her sleeves, looking at the floor not daring to look at the towering guild doors. Cobra was about to open the door before he looked at Y/N. "You okay?" He asked but then rolled his eyes. "Sorry, that was stupid." He mumbled.

Y/N shook her head and sent him a weak smile. "It's fine." She spoke softly. Cobra nodded before opening the door.

The guild looked strange when it was empty, there was no life, no noise, no joy. It was completely still, deadly still. She didn't like that, she wanted the guild to be full of life and joy.

Cobra noticed her looking into the empty space of the guild, so he very slowly took her hand. She flinched slightly but realising it was Cobra she relaxed and followed him up to the office. The flutters of anxiety kicked in again. It felt like she was climbing a mountain, with every step she took the more scared she felt, the more tired she felt.

Without any warning, Cobra opened the door to the office. Inside she saw Erza and Makarov, they were making small conversation, Erza sitting on a chair and Makarov on the desk. They both turned to look at her, their eyes scanning over her seemingly weak and timid form. Erza frowned and instantly go up and walked over to her friend.

"What's wrong?" She asked. When she went to go and touch Y/N, the girl stepped back. Erza looked somewhat shocked at her action and looked up to Cobra. "What did you do to her?" She spat at him.

"Erza..." Makarov warned looking at Erza before his eyes went to Y/N. "Come sit child." He said to her much softer.

Y/N nodded and walked past Erza and sat down. Erza and Cobra were glaring at each other. "I am helping her, just like you." Cobra said leaning against the wall after closing the door behind him.

Erza didn't sit back down but stood a little away from Cobra. All eyes were now back on Y/N as she continued to fiddle with her sleeves and her eyes stayed on the floor. She hated all the eyes and the looks she was getting, it made her feel sick. The girl felt bad for not letting Erza touch her, but she couldn't let her, she knew it was silly and downright stupid but Y/N felt that if other people touched her then they would become bad like her. They would feel her darkness, they would feel it seep into their skin and stick to their bones.

Y/N couldn't have that.

"What's going on Y/N?" Makarov asked his tone was soft and quiet. "What did you do?" It didn't take a genius to figure out something very bad had happened. You could tell by the way that Y/N, the strong spy and assassin, the girl who always fought her own demons was now tugging at the sleeves of her oversized jumper not daring to look at anyone on the room out of shame.