SIX ✵ the long walk

' THE LONG WALK '
act one ; chapter six

' THE LONG WALK 'act one ; chapter six

︽✵︽

OH SHIT. Was the first thing that came into Y/N's head as she started at Jellal. He had seen her with one of the most dangerous men in the country. Shit. A flood of anxiety crashed against her stomach and even through they were alone she felt millions of eyes on her. She felt the wind howl in amusement and the trees dance in her panic.

'If you are compromised eliminate the target'

"Oh, it was just a job request."

"With one of the Kings?"

Y/N thought for a minute. She had to be very careful with her words. She racked through her brain trying to think of an excuse. She felt her heart beat quicker and anxiety filler her stomach.

Suddenly the jacket around her wasn't helping with the cold, she felt the cold travel up her body, she wanted to shiver but her body wouldn't allow it. Her body was still, face rid of any emotion.

"It was jus-"

"She did it under my request." Makarov said standing by the pair he had a serious look on his face as he looked down at the two. "It was nothing serious, just some simple information gathering. I would appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone about it though."

Y/N relaxed, the warmth's flowing back into her body, pushing the cold out and the waves of anxiety with it. The wind stopped its laughing and the trees stopped dancing.

Jellal looked at Makarov and then Y/N. She sent him a weak smile. "Okay, my apologies Y/N, I didn't mean to pester in business that isn't of my concern."

"Thats okay." She got up with him and handed him his jacket back. "Here."

"No, you keep it, I insist."

Y/N smiled and put it back around her shoulders. "Thanks." She mumbled. Jellal smiled and gently took her hand he squeezed it lightly. The feeling of her skin touching his made his stomach flutter. Her skin was soft but they were scattered with tiny little cuts and scars, they were barley noticeable.

"Can I accompany you inside?" He asked politely feeling slightly embraced at the earlier events. He decided to ignore her hands, he had pestered in her life too many time today.

Y/N nodded and the two walked inside leaving Makarov alone outside. He sighed. Y/N was hard work, when he first met her she wasn't in the right... place. However after those days he promised to protect her and help her grow as a persons.