SIXTY -TWO ✵ read all about it

' READ ALL ABOUT IT  '
act ten ; chapter five

' READ ALL ABOUT IT  'act ten ; chapter five

︽✵︽

THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH Y/N. That was obvious to Laxus. Her eyes were dulled over, her face blank and there appeared to be nothing going through her head. The girl noticed everything, which is what made him panic slightly when he walked up to her table, sat down and she had yet to notice his presence.

"Hey, dollface." He grumbled loudly. His eyes narrowed when he got no response. "Hey, Y/N."

Is she dead?

All he got was a blink in return so he poked her in the space between her eyebrows. Not too hard but enough to get her attention.

Y/N came back to earth with a quick breath and a panicked expression. Her wide eyes and alert features made the dragon slayer smirk in amusement.

"Welcome back to Earthland darling." He laughed, she looked like a lost kid looking for their parents. Her eyes darted around the guild hall wide and frantic, her actions only stopped when she caught sight of something - or someone - that made her face flush a deep, embarrassed shade of red. 

Laxus rose an eyebrow, the way her cheeks heated up confused him. She never got embarrassed, she never went red, not in the past anyway. He wasn't so sure lately, but this was something new.  

His eyes narrowed as they followed her line of sight, he wanted to know what was causing such a reaction from her. It made him feel uneasy.

However, when his eyes landed on the half-naked ice mage, everything made sense. The man watched as the Gray laughed with Elfman, his lips parted in conversation. Laxus' lips frowned as they traveled back to her and he watched as she blinked and looked to the floor, a confused expression etched on her face.

Oh.

It was as if someone flicked a switched in his head, his face lit up in a dull realization, he shifted in his seat, his tongue darted out to lick his lips before they landed back on Gray.

"What did he do to you?"

His words were a quiet thunder and Y/N jumped at the sound of them. Her face cooled and her eyes darted from the floor to Laxus.

"He didn't do anything." Her words were quick and the man chuckled bitterly at them.

"Well, he clearly did something. Did he hurt you? Did he say something dumb- no wait did he touch you? Did he do it without your permission? - I sware to God if he touched you-"

With each question, his stare morphed into a glare. His face hardened and that jealous envy shaped and shifted into a deadly rage. Y/N was surprised that Gray couldn't feel the glare burning into his back.