FIFTY - EIGHT ✵ welcome back home

'WELCOME BACK HOME '
act ten ; chapter one

'WELCOME BACK HOME  'act ten ; chapter one

︽✵︽

Y/N FELT THE AIR BEING RIPPED OUT OF HER LUNGS AT THE SIGHT OF A SHIRTLESS ZEREF. His abs were perfectly chiselled, his chest was toned a strong, she could feel the heat rise to her face. Flashes of her talk with Larcade flashed into her brain and without hesitation, she turned on her feet and looked away from him. Her heart thumped in her chest so loudly she could hardly hear her own words.

"S-sorry!" She squeaked, her chest heaving.

Zeref stared at her, his lips parted slightly. He blinked looking down at his bare chest then back up at her. A light blush spread over his cheeks before he smiled. His tongue darted out his mouth licking his lips.

"Sorry, I didn't know you would get here so quickly." He laughed faintly.

Y/N heard the ruffling of clothes and focused on the stone wall in front of her, she noticed the way each had its own details. Different sized cracks, a different shade of grey-

An image of a shirtless Zeref jumped into her brain. She squeezed her eyes shut and tried to slow her rapidly beating heart.

Why the hell was he shirtless?!

Zeref noticed her tense body, her clenched fists and chuckled to himself.  An odd sense of pride swelled inside him as he stepped towards her.

"You can look now."

Her eyes seemed to snap open and she spun around so quickly that almost hit Zeref in the face. Her pink blush had spread over her face and frankly, she looked like a strawberry.

She felt embarrassed. Y/N never got embarrassed, she just didn't. Maybe she wasn't embarrassed, she was... flushed? Her body was hot and she wished that she was back with Invel, so his cold gaze would stop her overheating body. 

She let out a long sigh mentally. She was so confused these days nothing made sense anymore.

"So..." She hummed. She fiddled with her fingers and tried not to look at Zeref for too long. She feared that he would judge her for her wandering eyes, her flushed cheeks. "What did you need me for?"

Zeref couldn't fight the smile on his face, the softening of his gaze and the delightful fizzling of happiness in his stomach. "I wanted to give you some names."

Y/N blinked. She watched as Zeref walked back to his desk, sitting in the chair and rolling his shoulders back. They made eye contact and Y/N could feel his eyes pulling her forward. She sat in the chair opposite him.

She opened her lips to speak but he beat her to it. "I have ties to some of the local assassins in the city." Y/N felt her body tense at the sound of the assassin roll of his tongue. It hissed like a snake. "I got their names and contact information for you."