EIGHT ✵ eating out

' EATING OUT '
act two ; chapter two

' EATING OUT 'act two ; chapter two

︽✵︽

MEST WAS NEVER ONE TO POKE IN PEOPLES BUSINESS. However, this was something that he just had to do. During his time undercover at the magic council he learnt things about the world he lived in that he didn't know before.

The word was a lot darker than he imagined it to be. It was also a lot bigger.

He had no idea that there were so many dark guilds in the world, he had no idea that there were gangs selling magical weapons and drugs.

He never would have guessed that there was a spy world, much like the magic world.

The thought scared him. Spies and assassin all over the planet. This scared him, filled his body with fear that he became paranoid. But who could blame him?

However, this was all just whispers- gossip. There was no proof to back their fiction. So he shouldn't worry, not at all. But there was one name that kept popping up. He heard it all the time when he passed the gossipers in the halls. The name stung his body, leaving him with shivers.

The scarlet slayer.

The scarlet slayer. A killer. An assassin and spy trained to kill, collect information in the most deadly way.

'I heard the scarlet slayer could take down a whole country in just one day and you would never see her coming'

'I heard that the scarlet slayer has killed over 200 people'

It was always 'I heard this' and 'I heard that'. It was never I saw this or I know this.

As he said before, it was just gossip.

Well, that was what he thought until the council launched a full investigation into the spy world. It was top secret, only the most important council members knew. He probably shouldn't know but he did.

The council wanted to know everything about the spy world, they wanted to crush it under their boots like a bug, flush it out of existence.

They were confident in their work. And the one thing they wanted more than anything was the Scarlet Slayer.

︽✵︽

It was strange for Mest to be back at the guild. He hadn't been there in a long time and he felt somewhat, not wanted but he pushed his feelings to the back of his mind and sat at the bar.

Makarov was sat next to him, no one else was around them. Mest couldn't help but feel a tad awkward around Master.

"You don't have to look so uncomfortable around me child, I'm just an old man." Gramp said. He sent Mest a smile.