FORTY ✵ code name black ice

' CODE NAME BLACK ICE '
act seven ; chapter six

' CODE NAME BLACK ICE 'act seven ; chapter six

︽✵︽

THEY BURST OUT OF THE BUILDING AND WERE INSTANTLY DRAGGED INTO THE SEA OF DANCING PEOPLE. Y/N kept a tight grip on Langs arm, the sound of the drums and the singing voices of the people were almost too much for the girl. She kept her eyes alert as she looked up, tall buildings were on either side of the road, windows open with children hanging out of them waving to the people blew.

It was the perfect place for a sniper.

"Stay close to me." She hissed to him.

"Why aren't we running?!" He hissed back, his dark green eyes held a hidden rage as he tried to slow down his panicked breathing.

"The first rule of being on the run is, never run, walk."

Y/N smiled at the familiar voice of code name black ice. He was a contact Y/N had who always showed up when she needed him. He was a tall man, with light brown hair and pale skin. He would never call himself an assassin, he was more of a... helper to assassins.

"Good to see you're here." She said keeping a straight face not bothering to look at him.

"It's good to see you're alive." He hummed as he looked down at her. "And don't worry I've got a plan."

Her face scrunched up. "I have a plan."

"Well, my plan." He looked behind him and put an arm around her waist pulling her close to him. "Is better."

He whistled and half of the people in the crowd lifted up black umbrellas, shielding them from the view of the snipers above them. Y/N smirked and finally looked up at the man. "Okay so you're plan may be a bit better than mine."

"It will be a struggle to get out of the city let alone the country, here is a lacrima, it should come in handy at some point." He said shoving the crystal into her bag. Black ice let go of the girl as they parted from the crowd. The three of them stood in the alleyway, Lang had a frown on in his face as he glared at the girl. Y/N didn't pay much attention to him.

"Contact me when you make it out of the country." Ice said as he ruffled her hair and quickly went back into the festival.

Y/N huffed as she scanned the area. "Will you quit glaring at me." She hissed to the man who physically flinched at her harsh tone. "I will ditch you here if you don't drop the attitude."

Y/N pulled out her gun from her pocket and walked towards the back door of the apartment building they were behind. "We can't go back into the streets just yet, we have to take out the people in this building-"

Lang let out a yell of pain as he was shot in the shoulder. Y/N instantly grabbed him and dragged him into the building. "Fuck." She mumbled as she sat him down on the steps. "Stay here and don't make a sound." He nodded as he held his shoulder.