❤︎Chapter Fifty-Eight ❤︎ |END|

6 years later...

I lace my fingers through Yuji's, squeezing his hand gently into mine. Our fingers fit perfectly between the spaces of the other's, moving easily as if we'd practiced the move for ages. I welcome the sweet, comforting warmth that spreads throughout my body from our clasped palms.

Smiling so hard I thought my cheeks might explode and scare my family, I gaze straight ahead at the prettiest field I'd ever seen. There was healthy green grass and multicolored little flowers extending out as far as the eye could see. The clear, beautiful skies up above were lightly dusted with beautiful pure white clouds, some full and cottony and others gently faded as if God had painted them on today with watercolors.

"This is paradise." I hear Yuji say next to me.

"Well.. it is now." I replied with a smile as our children ran from behind us and came into view. They looked like little angels, laughing and squealing happily as they raced through the field with little Mochi at their heels. I had grown incredibly fond of how noisy my life had became since Yuji and I had brought them into the world. Maybe even to the point where silence and their absence would feel uncomfortable. How would I ever let them go when they were grown enough to leave me?

Yuji and I had found this field beyond a park we both liked to visit back when we were newlyweds. We promised to bring our children here one day and have lots of picnics and family events if we could manage. Not many people seemed to know about it, so it sort of became our hideaway.

We'd called it Our Paradise, but it hadn't quite felt like it until the moment I saw Kaito and Anzuko's eyes grow in wonder the first time they took in the beauty of the field.

"This place is cool, Daddy!" Kaito came back to us briefly in order to tug on his father's sleeve and let him know what he thought

"This place is cool, Daddy!" Kaito came back to us briefly in order to tug on his father's sleeve and let him know what he thought. Yuji bends down to snatch him up before he can run back and play with his sister and Mochi and can't resist kissing him on his chubby pink cheeks.

Kaito struggles briefly before surrendering to the affection and going limp in his father's arms. Although his face had become stoic as usual, there was a certain sparkle in his storm gray eyes that gave away his delight. My tough, sweet little man.

If it weren't for his gray eyes, Kaito would be an exact copy of his father. He had Yuji's dark, thick shiny hair and handsome nose and face. I barely saw any of myself in him, but Yuji claimed he looked exactly like me when he lost his tempter and threw a tantrum. Kaito got his gray eyes from my father, Kaito Oshiro, the man he was named after. My little boy had an interesting personality. He was usually really aloof most of the time, but had tunnel vision when he was really interested or entertained by something. He liked to dance when he didn't think anyone was watching and he seemed really athletic. He tried to copy everything Yuji did, but he liked spending time with me and liked when I cut his hair. He's tried to steal my scissors before, so I have to hide them to make sure he doesn't end up bald. Kaito likes to pretend he no longer accepts kisses, but I can tell he likes the attention.