❤︎Chapter Forty-One❤︎

"You want my honest opinion? Oh, my, I hope I don't offend anyone. Well, here it goes. I think the rumors are true. I don't think Yuji Oshiro and Momoko Miwa are really dating...I think it's all for the cameras. In fact, I know so."

"That BITCH!" My finger nails dug so deeply into my remote that I could feel the buttons threatening to pop out of place.

I was ready to break something — anything as long as it was easy to imagine Misao Sakura's face on it! The annoying woman had the nerve to deny Yuji and my relationship in an interview on the news this morning after it was clearly her spreading the rumors to stir up drama!

I had seen the headlines and was even called out on social media about it.. People wanted me to confirm the rumors were true. I simply ignored them for now. I mean, what could I say? It would ultimately be the truth, but the truth wouldn't help right now. It would make things worse.. I could handle the consequences, but I didn't think I could see Yuji get hurt and relive the past. It was his number one fear.

I have to think of some way to clear this all up.

I shut off the TV, unable to look at her stupid face for another second. She was so fake. Acting like an angel in public but being a total demon to anyone she chose to for all the wrong reasons. I launched my remote control on the floor and grasped for my phone, heart pounding in my chest. The minute I picked it up, a familiar ringtone echoed through my apartment. It was the tune I had set for Yuji!

I answered immediately. "We have a massive problem."

"I know. I thought we were being authentic enough. Did we seem too much like best friends, do you think?" His speech was slowed down. He spoke slowly when he was exhausted or stressed out, I noticed, because when he didn't want to deal with anything he just lay down and wouldn't move for hours to avoid it.

"All couple should seem like best friends. I don't know what the hell they want from us! Should we take our clothes off and go at it in public to prove it or something?!"

"WHOA THERE MOMOKO!"

"I was kidding! Anyway, the more we talk about having to deny the rumors, the more I feel guilty..."

"Don't. We're just avoiding any negative attention, there's nothing wrong with it. We'll come up with a way to solve all of this. I just wish Misao would mind her own business. She had this illusion that since we work well as a couple in movies, it should be the same in real life."

"At least you get that, now. Most guys don't find out about her tricks until after they're caught in her web!"

"Haha...well, I'm gonna have to go. I need to get some rest."

"Wait, Yuji..." I thought of something and my heart started to panic. No, you can't do that! Not now! Momoko! BAD IDEA! "I think I have an idea about how to solve all of this."

I held my breath. Did I really just say that?

Idiot! You can't! There's still time to say never mind!

"Oh, really? And what could that be?" Yuji says obliviously.

My heart is hammering so loudly I was afraid he could hear it, "Um...I...."

Say it. Never. Mind. Horrible idea!

"Ah..."

"Momoko...? Are you alright?"

"Yuji, I l...um...I..I'll tell you about it in person — tomorrow! After you get out of rehearsal, let's go get lunch!" I spoke so quickly I barely had any time to think about it. It was done, and though I screamed on the inside to cancel it, something in me didn't want to.