❤︎ Chapter Fifty-Three❤︎

A very quiet week passed me by.

After some encouragement from Natsuo to remain quiet and out of sight while Yuji kept up with his secret plan, I decided to stock up on enough supplies to where I didn't have to leave my apartment building for anything.

Let's talk about why that plan sucked.

Well, first of all? Shutting myself in my house drove me crazy. I couldn't do anything but look at photos of Yuji and Misao on social media, read internet novels, hate comments...I played otome games on the TV, but they didn't fulfill any of my desire to be loved in the midst of my loneliness. Nothing could fill that missing gap except for the real thing. And the real thing was pissing me off!

Second of all, being shut away in my apartment with nothing to do forced me to be lazy. Lazier than usual. The apartment was filling up with garbage and I couldn't bring myself to want to take a bath, let alone wash my hair. I was garbage sitting in garbage.

Very, very miserable garbage.

Kotomi and Masao did their best to keep me entertained, but it hardly ever worked. I was such a sad sack, afraid to drag others down in my black hole of despair. I had already cried myself emotionless, so I became a real boring shell of a person.

"Miss Miwa," I hear Kotomi say next to me. I don't turn to look at her. I didn't even realize she was there, "You've been stuck on the same level for 3 days now."

I grumble my response and hear her father shush her almost immediately. She was so blunt sometimes, and yet it completely unfazed me. I knew what she was trying to say — I'd been stuck in a place for days and she was starting to worry about me. She thought it was about time for me to move.

Kids are smart.

That, and, the boss on this level was really hard to kill.

"Oh, yeah.." I say in a monotone voice. My video game character dies, then, in the same spot I had kept getting killed by the boss on the level. I'm ready to press the button that'll allow me to start the level over from my save point when my view is suddenly obstructed by a pair of long legs in black trousers.

When I look up lazily, Masao is reaching over to shut the TV and console off.

Finally, I feel something from this.

Anger.

My blood boils and I drop my controller, glaring at the red headed bodyguard as he turns around with his eyes narrowing down at me sharply. They're intense with their authority, making you feel small even if you were at the same eye level. I supposed this was how Kotomi felt whenever he scolded her.

Should I be concerned that he just took my TV away like I'm a little kid? I'm a grown ass woman!

"Get up, Momo."

"No. I'm good here."

"Fine."

My defiance and indifference at his latest attempt to get me out of the house and doing something "healthy" seemed to set him off. He wasn't really having it today. Must have been a tough day at work.

I was snatched from the ground so quickly and set on my feet in a matter of seconds that it made me dizzy. Masao held my shoulders firmly in his large hands, leaning down so our faces were close and I had no choice but to look into his eyes.