❤︎Chapter Twenty-Five❤︎

I step confidently and proudly through the filming studio a day later, dressed from head to toe in happy pastel colors. I was proud of what I had done to help Yuji the other day. Pictures of my kiss with Ichiro at the outdoor cafe table were swarming the internet, all according to plan. It had been a very quick and impulsive action, but I had kissed Ichiro very briefly on the lips to prove to some nosy passerby that I was dating him and not Yuji. Ichiro turned a shade of red I'd never seen in all my 20 years on planet earth and ran off screaming about having his first kiss stolen....But the girls seemed convinced! And of course, the paparazzi hiding all around me got the photo as I had expected. Fans were rejoicing that the pink haired girl from out of town was only friends with their precious golden eyed idol. Those who had gotten a great look at Ichiro said he was definitely boyfriend material and had been talking endlessly about how cute he was.

Great. Now all the drama with Yuji is as good as cleared up.

I ignored the usual nosy glances in my direction as I made my way through the studio halls beaming so much I thought my cheeks would split.

I win this round, paparazzi!

I turn a corner into one of the halls toward Yuji's dressing room, my eyes fixated on the door. As I approach, however, Yuji's head pops out of the slightly opened door so that he can glance around frantically before he sees me walking toward him. I lift my hand to wave at him, ready to sing out a happy hello when he darts out, snatches my hand, and yanks me into the room like I weighed absolutely nothing.

"Hey! I'm wearing a skirt today, you know! I know you wanted to thank me and all, but --" I'm readjusting my clothes when Yuji slams the door behind us and practically explodes.

😱"THANK YOU?!"

😊"You're welcome!"

"NO!"

"What...?"

"You made it worse, you idiot! I thought I told you not to do anything stupid!"

Stupid?! I fume at the word, puffing out my cheeks and looking at him expectantly. He'd better have a good explanation for calling my brilliant plan "stupid" before I knock out his pearly white teeth!

"You kissing that kid is even worse than the rumor about us being together! You think they're gonna believe you're dating him?"

"Yes! Of course! I did kiss him after all!"

"That kiss doesn't prove anything! Now everyone's going to think you're cheating or something..or they'll look at you weird for being with a minor...it looks bad either way..."