❤︎Chapter Twenty-Nine❤︎

Once I finally processed that Yuji Oshiro -- my sweet platonic friend I spent almost every day with was kissing me, I could only sigh in both pleasant surprise and delight. I was being kissed so gently but he deepened the kiss just enough so that it still sent sparks flying inside my chest. My mind raced with so many thoughts but at the same time they were all so fuzzy in my head.

Even though the kiss lasted just a few seconds, I felt like I was walking on air. Like these feelings that had been conflicting me -- feelings that I didn't even know I had for Yuji were all starting to fall into place. I felt like he was one of the best friends I'd ever had, but at the same time I had such a strong attraction to him.

I realized very quickly in the midst of the kiss that I really liked him.

I was in love with him. The way he smiled -- more scintillating than the sun. His laugh. My god, his sense of humor..his personality...how sweet he was. His consideration for everyone around him. His mutual adoration for his fans. I didn't know I needed someone like him in my life. He made me so happy. To the point where it felt like my entire being was glowing just from hearing his voice. Being around him -- just this one single person made me feel like I wasn't alone in the world. People like that are so hard to find that you can't imagine not living with them forever.

Will I be able to stay like this with Yuji forever?

The realization of my feelings during the warm, exhilarating moment was almost too overwhelming for my heart. I didn't know exactly what to think of them now that they were weighing on me....

*Chu*

When Yuji pulls away, it's all too soon. The warm buzz inside me remains, but the warmth from his lips leaves me craving more. Like something sweet you couldn't get enough of. I tasted his vanilla chapstick and once and it was like I was instantly hooked!

I bite my lip to hold back from saying anything I'd regret as I open my eyes back up to look at Yuji. His eyes are even darker than before he'd kissed me, his breathing just a little bit heavier than normal. We stare at each other for what seems like eternity before he breaks the silence, his eyes sort of going wide as if he'd just realized what he'd done. I watch with a grin as his cheeks redden and he shies away from my gaze, stammering.

"S-See, I told you... y-you didn't miss anything."

My grin widens as I sit up a bit more and lean as far as I can toward Yuji

My grin widens as I sit up a bit more and lean as far as I can toward Yuji. Despite being sick, I felt very flirty from the kiss. It wasn't exactly my first. My first kiss was sort of forced on me one day during school when a boy confessed to me. It wasn't great, or anything, it was so brief and he looked like he had immediately regretted it when he saw the look on my face but I had felt nothing  from it. It excited me so much to experience all these new feelings I got from this kiss..just this one kiss.

"Oh really?" my voice comes out very low and flirtatious, "If you kissed Misao like that, then I'm sure I missed a lot, Yuji."

😳"My kiss with Misao wasn't anything like that, Momo."

😚"Is that so? Well, then I'm glad to hear it."

😳"I...I should get going. I just came to check on you. You should be resting."

😏"I'm not all that tired anymore, actually."

Yuji laughed and stood up, running his hands through his hair before pulling the blankets up over me where they'd slid off when I sat up. I lay back down onto my pillow and there was a brief moment where Yuji was leaning over me while checking the covers and our eyes met. I thought he would kiss me again, but he pulled away before either of us could even think to lean forward.

😑Why's he acting all shy now?

"G-Goodnight, Momo."

"Goodnight, Yuji."

"I hope you feel better."

"I will soon, as long as you keep visiting me."

Yuji stood in the doorway for a moment, his eyes going up to the ceiling as he drummed his fingers on the doorframe.

"Well then, I'll keep visiting you. I could bring you lunch tomorrow?"

"That sounds great," I reached over to turn off my lamp, coughing a bit, but settling comfortably into my bed nonetheless, "But keep it a secret. I don't want Misao tagging along."

SugarSugarHeart and BonbonLove's July 31 Day Writing Challenge Day 16

The two of us will post a chapter every day this month of one of our stories! If life happens and we don't get a chapter up, we make up for the days with that number of updates (multiples) in one day. Or just as much as possible before the month is out lol.