❤︎Chapter Thirty-Four❤︎

Upon seeing my hero standing just down the street, I went still and began crying tears of relief...

....But then I noticed something.

Yuji was wearing his usual attire -- stylish graphic tee shirt and a pair of torn skinny jeans. But that wasn't what thew me off. He was smiling in a way where his dimples didn't show, and his eyes were narrowed in focus. I'd seen this face many times before. And his calm demeanor yet firm, unrealistically perfect posture. He was wearing a SnapBack on his head, covering his sparkling hair which was clearly freshly cut and styled underneath to frame his face.

His hair was styled.

No, I wasn't mad that someone else had clearly done his hair, it was the fact that he had it styled. He only did something with it when he was...

😶No.

😑My eyes wander slowly up at the man who was holding me. He was staring straight ahead, carrying us into a dramatic silence as the two of them glared in the other's direction. I looked at his face, his hair, his eyelashes. That dramatically serious expression...

He's...Jun Fukuoka....that hot actor who plays in all the action movies.

Oh my god. I couldn't believe I hadn't recognized him sooner.

Upon realizing his identity, I froze up in his arms and shocked myself into silence. I knew what was going on now. And for some reason, whoever's idea this was, they thought it was a good idea to put me in it. And without informing me!

The pretty kimono, the man standing on the street I usually walk on, and Yuji obviously in costume!

It was a damn production.

Obviously someone wanted me to play along.

I close my eyes for a moment, letting out a long, low sigh. For goodness sake! Anger bubbled up inside me, boiling my blood until I was flushed in the face. My fists balled up, but instead of letting out a string of livid curses, I gritted my teeth and put my hands on my cheeks dramatically.

"KYAAA! Yuji, save me! I'm so scared!"

"Don't worry, Momo! I won't let him hurt you!"

"You want her? Come and get her, then!" Jun released me from his arms, and before I could scream, his little side kick actors popped up out of nowhere in their dark shades and caught me. They pulled me out of the way and set me on my feet, but their grip on my arms prevented me from moving.

This better wrap up in one take, cause I'm going to kill Yuji AND the director when this is over!

"Hiyah!"

"Take that, Oshiro!"

"Hyaaaaa!"

Yuji and Jun rushed at each other and started swinging and kicking. I watched, entranced by the movement. It was fluid, but at the same time, completely thoughtless. It was obviously choreographed. Maybe it was harder to tell without seeing as many productions as I had.

"Get him, Yuji! I know you'll win!" I cupped my hands over my mouth and shouted with encouragement. Of course it was fake. I knew he was supposed to win. But this was me playing along while I screamed angrily on the inside.

The fight ended with Jun sprawled out on the ground with Yuji's foot on his chest.

"Ha! I've won! Now return what's mine!"