❤︎Chapter Six❤︎

Yuji and I are still chasing each other around his gorgeous apartment when the pretty maid from earlier named Harumi comes running in, her pretty uniform skirt bouncing as she runs.

"Mr. Oshiro, Miss Miwa! Please excuse me.." she bows, and I skid to a halt and bump into Yuji. His hands come up to touch my upper arms, steadying me. The contact from his hands makes me feel a slight flutter inside...

Once I'm on my feet, I tilt my head up to look at him, smiling as warm as I felt. Yuji smiles back down at me for a moment, his golden eyes like a sweet sunset. However, his smile fades when he turns to look at Harumi.

 However, his smile fades when he turns to look at Harumi

"I'm sorry if I'm interrupting something.."

Yuji blushes and quickly steps away from me, folding his arms over my chest, "Ah...you're not! Just get on with it, whatever it is."

"Right!" Harumi blinks her pretty chocolate brown eyes and stands like a pretty doll at attention. She looked so perfect in her uniform. I wonder if she cosplayed for fun..

"Miss Suzukaze is on the phone for you."

"...What?"

I sense the coldness in Yuji's voice before I turn to look at him. His brows are furrowed deeply, his hands are clenched tightly in fists that looked as if they'd burst into flame at any moment, his golden eyes have gone from sweet sunset to merciless night. His strong and tall form becomes rigid and still, giving off a very hostile air.

Startled, I take a step back, wondering just who this Suzukaze person was, and why Yuji seemed like he'd go and kill someone at the mere mention of her name.

Harumi seems unfazed by this reaction when I turn and look at her. She stands without changing her expression, even though a normal girl would cower seeing a man of Yuji's impressive stature ready to crush something in anger.

"...Hang it up. I don't want to speak to her!"

"..Ah, I'm sorry, but..She said if you refused to speak to her, she'd just show up in person--"

"That BITCH!"

Yuji growls out a string of curses I've never even heard of, stalking through the dining room before turning a corner into his bedroom where I guessed his phone must have been.

"Harumi, right?" I asked once the room fell silent. Harumi looked at me, still standing at attention.

"Yes, Miss Miwa!"

"Oh, you can call me Momoko! No need for that!" I wave her off. I watch an unexpected twinkle form in her eye at the idea of calling me by my first name. A smile breaks out onto her face and she starts to nod excitedly.

Ah! She's even more childish than I am! Oh, but she looks at least 16 at the most...she has an excuse.

"Harumi...what was that about, if you don't mind telling me? Who's Suzukaze..."

Harumi's expression says it all. Her smile just about vanishes and she shakes her head slightly.

"I'm very sorry, Miss Momoko. I don't think Mr. Oshiro would want me to share such information. What I will tell you, however, is that anything you hear about Mrs. Suzukaze in the media does not do the true story any justice."

"Oh...okay..."

Suzukaze...in the media? I've never even heard the name...Man, I really need to get updated with what's going on in the celebrity world!

"Mr. Oshiro gets really angry when he has to talk about that woman. I don't like to see him like that. I don't think it's a very good idea for you to discuss it with him, either..."

"I see. Thank you, Harumi. I guess I won't hold you up any longer. I know you have a job to do."

"Please let me know if you need anything else! I'll be tidying up in the kitchen."

I watch Harumi go, my heart thumping in my chest as a risky thought crosses my mind. Once I started getting curious about stuff that wasn't any of my business, there was no way to satisfy my thirst for knowledge except to be nosy!

Just a little bit of eavesdropping shouldn't do any harm...