❤︎Chapter Thirty❤︎

POPPITY-POP!

I wake the next morning to the vibration of my phone next to my head. I open my eyes quickly and stretch. After realizing that I felt so much better, I let out a sigh of relief. One day cooped up in my apartment was all I could take.. I missed out on so much for goodness sake. My mind then wanders to the memory of how Yuji and I had kissed last night. I could still feel that pleasant, delightful buzz in my chest and I knew I couldn't get rid of it. Not anytime soon. Not as long as I had these newfound feelings for him....and the fresh memory of the feel of his lips lingering on mine.

The vibration stops after a few seconds, and it clicks that someone had texted me. I feel the grin on my lips when I come to the conclusion that of the few friends I had in Tokyo, only one would text me first thing in the morning as soon as I woke up. Yuji Oshiro was usually the first voice and face I heard and saw when I opened my eyes up bright and early.

So it wasn't a surprise when I lifted my phone to my face. But I couldn't help feeling like a giddy little girl who had just made good friends with her crush when I saw his text on my screen.

Yuji: I miss you 😥

I giggle and close my eyes for a moment as I think of what to type next. Maybe I could invite him over. He was supposed to visit anyways. Or maybe that sounded too pushy. He already said he was coming after all. Or maybe I should say something so he knows I really want him to come. No! Too clingy.

Shaking my head at my useless thoughts, I unlock my phone and text back with quick fingers:

Me: Good morning, silly.. shouldn't you be working? What's up?

💬Yuji starts typing up his reply almost immediately. What I get back a moment later makes me grin softly.

Yuji: I'm going crazy. This temporary stylist is annoying AF. She keeps combing too hard and she nearly burned me straightening my hair! And on top of that she doesn't talk to me like you do which usually helps me calm down in between takes. It's driving me insane. 😰

God, he really knows how to make someone feel like they're needed! I bet I could surprise him by bringing lunch by the studio. It sounded like an incredible date.

Oh my! Did I just call it a date?! I should keep my mouth shut to make sure Yuji doesn't hear me say that! Then things would really get awkward.

Me: 😚Aww! Don't be such a baby! Besides, I'm feeling so much better this morning that I'll be back tomorrow if you'll have me!

Yuji: 😏Did you just call me 'baby?'

Me: You wish!

Yuji:  Well anything is better than this dumbass name this stylist keeps giving me. She keeps calling me Sylvio and I have no idea what the hell it means.

Me: Yuji! 😂😂😂😂😂😂Stop fussing. Tell me something good that happened to you today.

Yuji: Ok! Check this out!

I felt like screaming when Yuji sent me a selfie of him and a tiny Shiba inu puppy

I felt like screaming when Yuji sent me a selfie of him and a tiny Shiba inu puppy. He looked so energetic and happy with him.

Me: Oh my god! What a cutie! ❤️

Yuji: And the dog is cute, too,right?

Me: Would you  hush! Where did he come from??

Yuji: I'm filming a commercial for an animal shelter today before the movie.. This little pup gets to be my costar! He's the sweetest thing ever! I heard he's up for adoption...

Me: No way! Are you thinking of getting him?

Yuji: Who? Me? With a puppy? Idk...

Me: Oh, come on! You obviously love him! This picture makes me think you two are meant for each other. If you don't get him, I will! I LOVE puppies.

Yuji: You really think I should get him???

Me: Why not? You have the space and the finances and all that junk no one thinks about when they want a puppy!

Yuji: Yeah, but..I work a lot, you know?

Me: I can help! I have free time. And you can pay me extra~~~~

Yuji: You know that means we'll be raising Poochie together, right?

Me: Ew! Please don't name him that. Or anything for that matter. I'll come up with the name, you sign the papers.

Yuji: Great, I'll talk to the owner of the center after filming and see if I can sign the adoption papers for him. Thanks Momo.

Me: This is going to be great.

Yuji: Am I gonna get to see your pretty face today?

Me: Ugh, if I can get some makeup on.. I look like a zombie after I'm sick.

Yuji: I'll bring lunch over this afternoon.

Me: No need! I'll bring it and we can have a picnic in the park.

Yuji: I'm looking forward to it.. just don't faint at the park, okay? I can see the headlines now...

Me: Shut up!

SugarSugarHeart and BonbonLove's July 31 Day Writing Challenge Day 18

The two of us will post a chapter every day this month of one of our stories! If life happens and we don't get a chapter up, we make up for the days with that number of updates (multiples) in one day. Or just as much as possible before the month is out lol.