❤︎Chapter Forty❤︎

"I know what you really are...and I don't mind it."

I took a hesitant step back, placing my hand on the table top behind me for support when I lost my balance. My voice shook and trembled through my words, unconvincing of the so-called bravery I spoke of.

"I knew you were smart enough to figure it out. You don't mind, you say? But you're trembling, darling." Yuji stepped toward me with a sharp glimmer in his eyes. His mouth curved into a sexy smirk as he approached me slowly, regarding each of my backward steps like they only enticed him further. My path of escape was blocked as I pressed myself against the table, desperate to get as far away from him as I could, but at the same time I found myself anticipating him being pressed against me.

The air he gave off was so much like a predator's...the way he looked at me, the way he stalked toward me. And I was the trembling prey..only I wanted to be captured.

"I'm not afraid!" I said back shakily, and his hands cane out to grab me by my waist, lifting me onto the surface behind me. I didn't have time to close my legs, and he took the opportunity to maneuver himself between them. He takes my chin in his hand and tilts it upward, staring directly into my eyes. I glare back into his shimmering eyes as fiercely as I can, grabbing at his wrist and trying my best to work my way around the arm encircling my waist.

"You're a terrible liar...but it's awfully cute. Makes me want you even more." His warm breath ghosts across my cheek. He's close enough that I could make out and admire every freckle on his skin, but I was too entranced to take my eyes away. He never loosens his grip, holds me still, and I cease to struggle when I accept that I didn't really want to move.

"Since you know what I am..." he says lowly in a tone that sends chills through me, "You're aware of what I'm going to do to you?"

"Yes." I answer, but it sounds more like I'm giving him permission. I close my eyes, and he tilts my head to the side, lowering his head into the crook of my neck. I relax into him, breathing in his nostalgic scent.

"You shouldn't let your guard down like rate, you know...monsters like me would—"

"I don't care that you're a monster. I said that already. Weren't you listening? Mnn..." I feel a warm kiss along my collarbone, and another, and another trailing up to the curve of my neck. My head falls back as I feel another shudder run through me.

"I don't care that you're a monster. I love...you.."

There's a smile against my skin, followed my a soft whisper.

"Silly girl."

Yuji pulls away from me slowly and stretches, the character melting away into thin air. He grins a bit and looks down at me as I relax into my seated position on the dressing room table.

"How was that one?"

"Mmm..much better than last time...I think you should lift slowly onto the table, the director might like that more." I glance over the script, reading through the lines of the sexy scene where Yuji's vampire character sinks his teeth into an innocent schoolgirl who was in love with him.

"Oi, Momo..." Yuji looks at me and raises a brow, "That little noise you made sounded pretty authentic to meeee..."

"Shut up, fool. That was for the practice." I smacked him with the paper, and he grabbed my hand, sending a real shock through my body. I bit back any sort of reaction, but I was screaming on the inside. I feigned disgust, but I couldn't deny his warm, strong hands didn't feel good along my skin.

"Thank you, Momoko. Your acting is impeccable." He flashes his brilliant smile at me and I can't help but blush.

"I can't be a sucky practice partner, now can I?"