❤︎Chapter Forty-Seven❤︎

"Are you sure you're alright?"

"Of course."

I told Yuji for the umpteenth time that I was doing alright.

It had been a little over a month since I'd been banned from the studio. The last few leaves of fall had descended from all of the tree branches in Tokyo, and blankets of snow were now covering the city. The temperatures dropped, and so did the number of followers I had on social media. 😭

The first week or so after hitting Misao, I didn't feel bad at all. In fact, I was proud of myself for showing her that she could go way too far sometimes. It wasn't like it was unprovoked!

But unfortunately for me, the sweet looking actress told the entire public that questioned her and everyone in social media that she had no idea why I hit her. She made crying faces, she made nervous gestures, she made everyone think she was the real victim.

I couldn't say I didn't expect her not to. Devising plans like that were her specialty.

I wasn't quite sure how, but I felt like I'd done exactly what she wanted me to.

It made me grimace, remembering what she said during an interview.

"I won't press charges against Momoko Miwa. I think maybe...maybe it was my fault? Maybe I said something wrong to bring it about. From what she's told me, she's had a hard life growing up...I think being surrounded by so many celebrities made her feel vulnerable and small, and...she just hit me. I can't do anything against her, can I? It's not her fault, right?"

Oh, if she were in this room right now..

"I'm so worried about you. I hate not seeing you in the studio anymore, it's driving me insane!"

I had to fight back the heat from behind my eyes. I couldn't cry, I couldn't let him know I was suffering and hurting. People said such nasty things to me, said such horrible things on social media, made me look like maniac on the news...everyone was beginning to hate me. I'd cried for days, feeling like my life had turned into a living hell over this girl. And she gains more popularity in turn!

"I miss you too, Yuji. You have no idea. And you're always busy, we haven't seen each other in so long..."

"I feel so far away from you...I want to see you."

"Me too, but... I have good news."

"Oh, really?"

I look at the website on my laptop screen and feel a proud smile spread across my face, "I've enrolled into beauty school!"

"What!" The excitement in his voice makes me laugh, for the first time in awhile, I had a genuine laugh. "That's great! You'll be even better than you are now!"

"Mm-hm! So many possibilities with that...Natsuo will be pissed after I get another job. You know I've been helping him in the flower shop...he seems to actually like when I'm around."

"Well I hope he doesn't like it too much..." Yuji grumbles back. He always got jealous when I spoke about Natsuo. Apparently he was a traitor for spending more time with me than Yuji could on a daily basis.

"Chill out, Yuji, we're just friends."

"Oh, right! And I'm supposed to be cool with that damn Ushio posting about how cute you are when he brings you cake, too?! There are too many men in your life! And don't even get me started on that Ichiro kid!"

I giggled as said person posted a picture of him on Twitter eating cake. In a mere few weeks, he decided to break out from under Misao's rule and make a name for himself in the show biz industry. He started modeling at first, and then he appeared on a variety show where they had him sing a song, just for fun. Little did they know he had an angelic voice, and the entire crowd fell in love with him. He blew up, and soon he had a contract with a popular entertainment company.

"And what about Ichiro, Yuji..?"

"It's obvious he has a crush on you, too! And he's an idol now, so his impression of women will be twisted about cause they throw themselves at him and he'll expect you to do the same! I won't allow it!"

🙄 "Yuji, chill! Ichiro isn't like that."

"It's only a matter of time."

"Whatever, man...I've already been setting him up with Harumi. He came to thank me after one of his concerts for encouraging him and Harumi was with me, so..I managed to slip away when they struck up a conversation."

"Ooh, smooth of you. They'll make a good couple."

😂"Yuji! Do you feel better now? I only belong to you, and I only have eyes for you."

"Yes, I feel so much better than I'm going to give it my all in this next take, and I'm going to schedule dinner with you this weekend and you HAVE TO make it!"

"Wait what! You're actually free this weekend?!"

"Yes! And I'm spending it all with my favorite girl."

"Oh, god, I love you so much."

"I love you too. I have to go now, Momo..."

"Oh. Alright. Call me back when you get a chance."

"Don't be depressed! Bye bye."

"Bye!"

When Yuji hangs up, I relax into my bed, covered in darkness. Everything in my room was still....quiet. Kind of like my life right now.

And it wasn't the comforting kind of quiet, either.