❤︎Chapter Fifty-Four❤︎

Must...get...to Yuji..!

Oh my dear lord, I thought I was going to have a heart attack and die right there on the street in my unicorn pjs.

Usually, the scenes in dramas and movies where the girl runs after her man are super romantic and emotional, but in reality, it's a freaking workout. And Momoko Miwa does not work out. You can ask any passerby who's ever seen me running late to something — I always slow down and double over to make sure I don't pass out. Which, 73% of the time, I do.

I wasn't sure how the hell I'd even gotten this far, but I was pretty sure I'd blacked out a couple of times, that might explain it.

He needs me!

I couldn't believe this. How could Yuji keep something like this from me? The secret mission I could handle — but involving Nagisa Suzukaze?! He must think I'm a weenie to suggest I wouldn't butt in after hearing her name!

Yuji had been traumatized by this woman when he was in a relationship with her — she'd really hurt him! Even after they'd broken up, the pain got in the way of our relationship. It took him forever to open his heart to me and caused me even more pain that he'd pushed the idea of me away, and that he was still hurting after something he couldn't forgive Nagisa for.

Nagisa, you better hope for your sake that you're conveniently locked in the bathroom when I get there, because as soon as you're in my line of sight, it's over, bitch!

"Damn steps..."

I had finally made it to the luxurious loft apartment complex. There were a couple of long flights of stairs that led to the 4th level Yuji's front door was on, so I still had a dangerous journey ahead. My legs were screaming before I took the first step, and I was dying to come out of my hot as hell pajamas. Maybe when I got up there I could snatch them off in front of everyone. That way Yuji would be forced to lend me some clothes that smelled like him so I'd leave with a prize no matter what happened.

Yeah!

It was a fantastic plan.

As I climb the staircase, I attempt to rehearse what I'm going to say. Maybe I could just jump right out and tell Yuji I still loved him. I knew I had to make it look like I was the crazy ex-girlfriend who couldn't get over him to convince Misao and Nagisa that we were broken up.

Or I could just start swinging. I mean, that worked, too. I think both really got the point across, to be honest.

Ah, I couldn't do it. My mind was racing and my heart was pounding in my chest — I was incapable of thinking of what I was going to say. My brain was a little bit busy arguing with my body about if I was dying or not from the strain.

I'm standing in front of the door before I know it, my breathing ragged.  I attempt to try and get my breathing under control so I don't look like some kind of lunatic when the door opens, but it's futile. My throat and chest are burning along with my screaming muscles and I'm trembling.

It feels like even my bones are quaking inside me. My skin feels like it's crawling and I feel more unsettled than normal. Unsafe, even. My teeth are chattering in my mouth and my heart feels like it's just about ready to explode.

I come to the conclusion that I'd had some kind of a panic attack between leaving the house and now. I guess I hadn't realized it because I'd ran over here blinded by rage and desire to see Yuji. I stand in silence, trying to calm myself down and figure out what it was that was bothering me and what I could do to fix it.

But there was so much!

I wanted Yuji. I wanted to see him. Protect him. Hurt this woman like she'd hurt him. Make her go away for ever. But I was scared. What if I got in the way and ruined everything? What if I just made things worse? What if Yuji didn't act this time and told me to go away — for real this time?