❤︎Chapter Twenty-Six❤︎

A few days had passed since Yuji announced to the public that we were dating. It was kind of hard getting used to the idea that I had to pretend whenever we were out together, but I started to get pretty used to it after awhile. When we would go to lunch together or head to Ren's restaurant or walk into the studio building, Yuji would reach over and slip his hand into mine and pull me along with him. His grip was always so strong and warm and firm, and he would never let go in the sea of paparazzi surrounding us.

No matter how many times he did it, it still made my heart jump in my chest until he finally let go behind closed doors. Paparazzi only bothered us when we were in public, but it started to die down, especially around my apartment, thank goodness. He had been right all along. It was better to accept the scandal than to struggle and try to prove it was wrong. Then it wouldn't be that much of scandal anymore, right?

The workplace gossip improved steadily, as well.  People started to be a lot nicer to me and got used to the idea of me and Yuji being "together." The other stylists assigned to Yuji and I would talk as we worked together and even went to lunch a few times! They would ask me about Yuji but I'd tell them I was too embarrassed to go into detail, and they'd believe me!

My favorite moment at the studio was when Yuji was taking a nap while I was styling his hair for one of the last scenes of the movie. The girls and I were standing around talking about how cute he was when he slept, but he was a real grump devil when he woke back up.

"He's like a baby when he sleeps.." The costume designer Chihiro whispered when we all leaned in. I got an idea when I saw a ribbon on the table in the corner of my eye. When I lifted it up, everyone started to giggle as we got to our daily mischief. We needed something to laugh at when we sat waiting for him to get back for a costume change!

When our prank was done, the girls had run toward the door, pulling it open a crack so we'd get a head start. I tried to hold back my laughter and reached over so my hands were right in front of his lovely face before I clapped them loudly 3 times. As soon as Yuji shot out of his chair in alarm, I turned on my heel laughing my head off and ran out of the room with the girls.

"RUN!" I screamed the moment I heard Yuji make a strangled noise in shock, having woken up enough to see himself in one of the dressing room mirrors. He shouted our names and his footsteps weren't that far behind.

We had scrambled throughout the giant set, some of the girls hiding while I ducked behind the director as he spoke to one of the actors about something.

"The hell did you put in my hair, Momo?! This was your idea, wasn't it!"

"Get away from me, Rinko!"

"Who's Rinko?!"

"Geez! You lovebirds are such kids! No horseplay in my studio!" The director waved us off and walked away with the actor. Before I could find a new place to hide, Yuji reached out for me and placed his hand on the ticklish area on my waist. I immediately let out a surprised scream and burst into giggles when he pulled me into him so I couldn't break away and escape.