❤︎Chapter Twenty-Two❤︎

I wonder if I overdid it...

My heart is racing a little bit in my chest as I adjust my seating position at the private dinner table on the roof of Ren's restaurant. I had somehow managed to rush home in time enough to shower and make myself presentable for the dinner Yuji had reserved.

Even though I specifically put on makeup, a gorgeous pale colored sundress and even hair extensions I had always wanted to try, sitting here at the table waiting for Yuji made me a little nervous about my appearance. Maybe I did too much? He and I were just friends, if anything. I didn't want him to get the wrong idea about why I was dressing up.

Yes, we're just friends. Girls go all out when they want to look pretty, that's all I've done. I'm sure Yuji knows that I know this isn't some kind of date! I'm just being treated to dinner!

🤤"Dinner..." I mumbled, my mouth already watering at the menu I had glanced over when Ren showed me my seat. I had already ordered the salmon ahead of time and I was so excited to finally take a delicious bite after such a long day.

"Sorry I took so long."

Upon hearing the voice, I turn my head and squint in the darkness at the tall figure approaching me. Yuji steps into the romantically dimmed lighting, his smile brighter than ever. I could tell immediately that something great happened to him today.

"Hey, Momoko."

A grin spreads over my face instantaneously

A grin spreads over my face instantaneously. I quickly straighten up from my lazy position agains the table and adjust my posture to something a bit more ladylike. The nervousness I had felt earlier melts away the second Yuji sits down across from me, enveloping me in his magical cologne.

"You look great! What's the occasion?"

My grin broadens, but it curls into a smirk as I fold my arms across my chest, "I'll dress up any day when food is involved, Yuji."

"Hmm, I see. And I hear you've already ordered. You could have at least waited a few minutes!"

🙄"For what! Paint to dry? What kept you?"

😏"If you must know, my last interview on a popular live talk show ran just a little bit over time."

"Eh? How many interviews does this make now?!"

"My second today, and I have another tomorrow."

"Aren't you mister popular all over again! And because of my hard work! I don't usually brag, but...I think I helped you get back in the spotlight, Mr.Oshiro~"

"It wasn't all you. My charm didn't need any renewal."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah, its innate. Runs in the family."

"I guess you really do need a certain charm to be a great celebrity. How interesting. Before I met you I didn't think appearances had such a significance. But now I see how important this makeover really was for you."

"Showbiz is a bit different than real life."

"So you don't have any regrets? I hear most celebrities say they wish they lived normal lives instead."

"You can't have both. And no, the only regret I've ever had is--Mmmff?!"

"Ah, Mr.Oshiro! I've brought your menu." Ren cuts in just then, a menu flailing about in his hand as he approaches. When he's close enough, he reaches over and smashes the menu in Yuji's face, making him swallow his words. With Yuji busy trying to protest with a menu smashed over his lips, Ren turns back to me and smiles sweetly.

"I wanted to tell you earlier, Miss Miwa. You look so lovely tonight." His dark eyes gleam as they glance over me. I can't help but get shy and turn red immediately.

😳"Ah, Ren! Stop flirting with me!" I grab my purse and yank it over my face, shaking my head. Ren may have been a chef, but he had the hot look of a gorgeous male actor. I couldn't help but melt every time he looked at me.

"I can't help it, Miss Miwa, you're absolutely stunning. What a shame I've been too busy to ask you out on a date myself."

My blush deepens, and Yuji and I react by flailing about. I guess he managed to get the menu out of his face, because we deny at the same time.

😖"YOU'RE WRONG! ITS NOT A DATE!"😫

"Geez~ You two don't have to say it so strongly."

"Can't I just order now?" Yuji pouts and glares off to the side, his face red all the way to the tips of his ears. I try to hold back, but I can't help but giggle and stand up to reach and pinch his cheeks.

"What the hell are you d--OW!"

"You're so cute!"

"Ah, Mr.Oshiro, I guess I'll bring you the usual."

"What? REN! What did you bring me the menu for if you already knew! Momoko, cut it out!"

"But you're so cute!"

"The usual then!"

"THIS DATE WAS A MISTAKE!"

"It's noooot a daaate~"