❤︎Chapter Thirty-Five❤︎

The night was so beautiful.

When the sun had set a few hours from the last time I'd seen Yuji, I glanced outside my window to see a gorgeous dark sky decorated with trillions of pretty little twinkling stars.

It was so magical that I knew my time with Yuji was going to be wildly memorable

It was so magical that I knew my time with Yuji was going to be wildly memorable. I had no idea what in the world we were even going to be doing, but I was looking forward to the surprise. Anything with him was always so much fun.

I decided to wear something more causal that night, throwing on a sweater and a pair of leggings before putting my shoulder length pink hair in a high ponytail. I'd save the dress for another occasion. Plus it was so embarrassing that I had put on the dress unknowingly for a commercial. I couldn't wear that back out anytime soon without wanting to swing on my stupid best friend.

 I couldn't wear that back out anytime soon without wanting to swing on my stupid best friend

"God, he's such an idiot. I better have fun tonight or I'm not talking to him for at least a whole 24 hours." I was still mumbling to myself about the whole ordeal, even almost 10 hours later.

I couldn't imagine giving him the silent treatment for more than a day...we always talk to each other about everything 24/7.

Thinking about this fact made me grin from ear to ear. Yuji had become such an important part of my life in such a short time. I hadn't built this much of an attachment on someone since my grandmother passed. I was so close with her, it felt like she and I were two halves that had completed each other. Losing her had left me stumbling to find myself again.

Surprisingly, I hadn't felt like I'd been stumbling in a very long time..

I think it was because Yuji was steadying me.

BEEP BEEP!

My phone screen lit up in the corner of my eye the moment I put on the finishing touches of my makeup. I hit the stop button on the alarm that was notifying me that it was 30 minutes to midnight. It was time for me to meet Yuji!

🍩

The car that Yuji had arranged to pick me up finally arrived at the train station. I thanked the driver and hopped out, running down the stairs to the underground subway station. As I thought, there were only a handful of people there. They ranged from homeless people to business men and women and average looking people.

But of course, the one who stood out the most was the tall, ethereal looking young man with ash blond hair leaning against a pillar on his phone

But of course, the one who stood out the most was the tall, ethereal looking young man with ash blond hair leaning against a pillar on his phone. Even though he had a mask on over his nose and lips, the glow of his skin tone and style gave it away completely!

I stepped up close to Yuji and kissed him on his cheek before whispering hello. He turns his breathtaking, smoldering golden eyes on me and smiles back tenderly with his gaze.

"Just in time.. you have no sense of direction so I got worried you might have gotten lost."

I stopped smiling and folded my arms over my chest, "Could've been kidnapped, too."

Yuji closed his eyes and took my hand, leading me onto the train that had just arrived, "It's going to be a wonderful commercial, you'll see. And you're going to reap some numerical benefits if you know what I mean."

Yuji and I decide to stand up during the train ride, holding on to poles opposite each other.

"Geez! This kind of stuff makes me wonder just how serious you would be if I really were stolen away."

Yuji's eyes glinted and I knew he was going to say something so full of crap that I had to crack an anticipation smile, "Nothing like that would ever happen. I'm the only one who could ever steal you away."

🙄"Oh, please. You?"

😊"I'm stealing you away right now, aren't I?"

😂"What the hell! Kyaaaa~! Where are you taking me!" I inched away from him and shouted, earning us a confused look from a woman seated further down from us. Yuji reached out an arm toward me, wrapping it around my waist and pulling me close so our faces were inches apart.

I've stopped joking by now, frozen and entranced by his eyes enough to not remember how to breathe. But it's all fun and games for Yuji. He grins back down at me charmingly.

"I'll never tell." He whispers against my cheek, holding me close. I couldn't escape from his strong embrace even if I wanted to.

"...Okay.." I whisper back softly, and Yuji looks like he just might kiss me before the train shrieks to a halt and sends us all toppling in another direction.. Yuji falls backward on his ass and slides a few feet with a hilarious blank 😶look on his face while I find a better grip on the pole and manage to keep my balance.

😣"Ow! What the hell!"

The doors open and I turn to run off ahead of Yuji, laughing hysterically. He hurried after me, catching my hand and yanking me in a different direction, blushing.

😤"Stop laughing."

🤣"Your face!"