❤︎Chapter Twenty-Seven❤︎

My eyes snap open the moment I feel myself being placed carefully in a comfortable chair. I see Yuji's face through my blurry eyes and become alarmed at the expression on his face. His eyes were red around the inner lids, a color that screamed he was upset about something. There's a shock in them when he sees me regain consciousness, sliding his arms out from underneath me and bending down so he's kneeling in front of the chair he'd seated me in. I was sitting in the dressing room surrounded by a few actors, the stylists, Misao, and of course Yuji.

I try to look more around me at their worried faces, waiting for an explanation but am instead given only silence. I feel myself sink hopelessly and exhaustedly into the seat, practically molding into it. My body felt hot -- my head was what was really boiling. I knew I must have had a fever!

"Momo, are you alright?" My eyes turn back to Yuji who'd kneeling down at my legs right in front of me. His brows knit together in what looked like worry.

My eyes widen as I glance around me some more, looking for a clue. "Just a moment ago I was..." my eyes fall on the bag sitting on the desk a few feet away. It was the last thing I had seen before...

As I piece two and two together, I reach up and brush the sweat from my face, sighing shakily and noting how terribly sick and exhausted I felt

As I piece two and two together, I reach up and brush the sweat from my face, sighing shakily and noting how terribly sick and exhausted I felt. Like someone had placed weights all over my body. I wasn't even sure I could walk..

"I fainted?" I say as I come to the conclusion, completely dazed to say the least. Yuji takes my hand in his and I nearly flinch at the coolness of his skin. What a difference!

Feeling his comforting touch helped me to calm down a little. Waking up from fainting could be really scary, especially if you were totally confused about what happened. I look into his eyes and smile weakly in hopes of reassuring him.

"I'm fine."

"Liar! You look like hell. I need to get you home."

Knowing he saw through me made my heart swell in my chest...but the tender moment was ruined by a certain someone I really felt like throwing up on.

"Eugh, Yuji! She's sick, don't touch her, we can't have you out with whatever she's got!" Her dainty little hand comes out and snatches Yuji's hand from me. His eyes tear away from mine to look up at Misao as he smiles and nods awkwardly.

God, I kind of want to vomit in her purse or something.

I glare up at Misao as I remember the note that had made me reach my breaking point of weeks of stress. To think, after all I'd been through, it affected me like this. She affected me like this!

"I'm sorry, just looking out for Yuji. I know you two would rather be lovey dovey." Misao smiles down at me, a look of something sinister behind it. Whatever it was...I couldn't completely call it a smile.

"She totally just passed out." Haruka was biting her lip, softly stroking the top of my head. Chihiro had started dabbing at my forehead with a cold towel. It felt heavenly.

"Can you stand?" Yuji asked me, and when looked at him, I must have been worried because he shook his head. "It's alright, I can carry you."

Misao's jaw dropped, "And just where are you going with her?! We have to film another take to stay on schedule!"

Yuji looked at her, for the first time without a smile. It seemed to make Misao do a double take. "I have to let her rest properly in a more comfortable environment. I'm taking her home."

Yuji starts to reach for me, but Misao stops him again, "Yuji! It's not fair to the entire crew for you to leave now! We've all been working so hard to finish up this movie! You'll be cancelling the rest of the workday for us..."

My nails dig into the arm rest as I look up into Yuji's now conflicted expression. I felt bad, but I also felt mad as hell. I got irritated very easily when I was sick and would take it out on anyone.

"But...Momoko's condition is.."

"Don't worry about me, I'll get myself home. I don't want to be a nuisance." My voice comes out a lot colder and bitter than I anticipated, but there was no way I could correct it once it came out. It was how I really felt on the inside, I guess. It takes every muscle in my body to stand myself up. When I do, I wobble off balance and Yuji puts his hands on my shoulders to steady me, trying to look me in my face, but I turn away from him to get to my bag.

"Momo, you really don't look so good--"

"You heard her, she can take care of herself!" Misao just keeps butting in where she doesn't belong. I gather my things, on the verge of frustrated and angry tears and mutter a goodbye before walking slowly out of the door. I walk quietly for a few moments by myself before I feel my legs give out and my body collapse onto the ground. My hands catch me as I shift into an all fours position, closing my eyes at the ringing in my ears and the intense dizziness and nausea. I was going to faint again!

"Momoko!"

I hear a voice calling me, but my ears are totally failing me right now. It sounds distant and small.

Before I can turn my head, someone grabs my bag from me and then effortlessly lifts me up from the ground. I frown as I settle into Yuji's arms in a bridlestyle position, unconsciously reaching up to wrap an arm around his shoulders to hold on. Before I start to speak, Yuji carries me outside the building without saying anything else.

"What the hell are you doing?" I say sleepily.

"Taking you to my apartment."

"But you can't miss--"

"I'll go back home once you're settled and have a doctor to look at you. Chill."

"You....you're annoying."

"And you're not a nuisance. Now please fall asleep or something. The car will be here any minute."

Instead of arguing, I let my head fall back and relax my entire body in Yuji's arms. It felt so warm there..so safe..so secure...it felt like I was floating, almost...and then a pleasant sleep found me.