Chapter 27- Wild Hunt

3rd Person POV

Three months have passed since the events in Kyoroch. Three months since the tech priests arrived at the capital and Night Raid found out Alexander was still alive. Minister Honest's son had announced his arrival to the capital not too long ago as well.

Not many know what Syura was planning to do. But Alexander's concern was not on Syura just yet. He had his supporters in Kyoroch begin spreading the Imperial Cult further. All the while Esdeath had been sent to the west to counter the army of the Western Nation under the order of Prime Minister Honest.

The astartes however, were now fully changed by this point. Their armor painted red as they adopted the name and ways of one of the Legiones Astartes of old. The Blood Angels were reborn and had started to increase their numbers at a steady and discreet rate.

Alexander's revival was a devastating blow to the Revolutionary Army. The Empire announced his cheating of death, which kept most citizens compliant. But the rebels morale would suffer greatly, knowing that Night Raid couldn't get rid of him. Fortunate for them though, there were still small riots going on.

It had begun snowing in the region, though that would hardly stop anyone. If anything, it provided civilians with a subtle distraction whilst hell was getting ready to be set loose around them. Helsreach was still producing at a great rate, allowing resources to be allocated to a new project.

But aside from that, Alexander was now outside. He was watching Emperor Makoto near the garden as it lightly snowed. Alexander convinced Honest that he'd put any troubles Makoto had at ease.

Makoto: Hey General Alexander, I heard that our army was defeated by the Western Nation. Will we really be alright? It seems like we have enemies on all sides.....

Alexander: Your majesty, you have nothing to worry about at all

Makoto: Huh? What do you mean? Secretary Seigi said-

Alexander: General Esdeath was sent to deal with our western enemies. It would seem Seigi was not notified yet

Makoto: Ooh! Then that means.....

Alexander: She will undoubtedly rout them all. It won't matter how many troops they have. I am confident in her abilities

Emperor Makoto smiled at Alexander, and the general was rather content with it. Being the reborn God Emperor of Mankind meant every part of him was slowly being awakened. But something that was already there was his compassion.

Alexander: These things will tend to happen your majesty. But don't worry, my armies have secured our northern and southern borders. Please be calm and collected so that you may be the pillar that supports the people

Makoto: I understand! If the emperor is weak minded, the Empire won't be able to stand strong. Thank you General Alexander! I'm so happy that you and the minister have my back

Emperor Makoto smiled once more, causing Alexander to do the same. But beneath his smile, was a dreaded sadness upon a recent discovery. Alexander knew something Honest had done his best to cover up.

The murder of Makoto's parents, their blood was on Honest's hands. Yet the poor child emperor had no idea his most trusted "friend" had done this. Before Alexander would take power, he would expose the Prime Minister for what he is. And for all the things he's done throughout his sinful life.

In the laboratory within the Imperial Palace, Melissa was working hard. She had been trying to multitask as best she could. Making her own inventions while making schematics for her first military project.

Yet she couldn't multitask as good as the tech priests could. Ever since the remaining warp stone was destroyed they were set back. Especially with her father being put into stasis by the tech priests.