Chapter 21- .....and Heartache

Alexander's POV

My blade clashed with Akame's as I parried her attacks. She was fast, relentless, but I matched her ferocity. I saw Leone in the corner of my eye, she was gunning for Bols. But she was stopped short when my wolves swarmed her.

I kicked Akame back before firing my pistol at her legs. But she dodged out of the way before narrowly jumping over a shot fired from Bols.

Alexander: Leave her to me Bols

Bols: Are you sure Alexander?

Alexander: Very, try to keep on the defensive. The last thing I want is for you to be harmed

Even if it kills me, Bols will return to his family alive. He will not die here!

I then blocked a strike from Akame after she lunged at me. There was only anger coming from her as I could see a hint of sadness in her eyes.

Alexander: Akame-

Akame: Don't speak to me!

She pushed me back before going for a downward slash. I barely managed to block it, but an opportunity was provided. I shot her thigh, causing her to relent slightly.

I then pushed her back before roundhouse kicking her away. I didn't want to deliver anything too serious to her. After all, I still love her even in this situation. But she simply got up and entered a stance.

But I suddenly felt a large pain in my chest. I looked to the side to see two of my wolves had been killed by Leone. She looked at me, ferocity in her eyes as she continued to battle the pack.

Alexander: Damn it all.....

Akame: "You walked out on me!" she yelled whilst charging me

I didn't react in time, she had sliced off my left hand. As my hand fell to the ground with my pistol, she looked at me. But I sighed as she then looked shocked.

Alexander: That would normally kill a man, wouldn't it? But Oblivion Void makes me immune to any poison

Akame: Impossible.....

Alexander: It also allows me to do things like this

I triggered my regeneration as my sliced off hand faded away. My hand regenerated back as a shadowy mist before fully forming. I then sprinted at her and clashed for a few moments before rolling away and picking up my pistol.

But then a new complication came up, I saw someone approaching from the distance. I knew who it was, and my chances of coming out alive with Bols had gone down as Susanoo arrived.

 I knew who it was, and my chances of coming out alive with Bols had gone down as Susanoo arrived

And he's activated his damn trump card!

Najenda: It would seem we meet on the battlefield at last Alexander

I looked up and saw Najenda on a cliffside of the canyon. That meant that these two had dealt with the danger beast and other puppet. Which meant Kurome was left with one puppet to my knowledge.