Chapter 26- The Brightest One

3rd Person POV

As the Jaegers arrived at the capital, Erickson was still traveling from the north. He was with a large entourage of men and women in red robes. They had bionic augmentations, saying they were tech-priests who kept faith in the God Emperor.

As Erickson got closer to the capital, his location was exposed. Rebel scouts had spotted hid convoy from a distance. They were fortunate they were not spotted since Erickson's convoy was made up of leman russ tanks.

The rebels sent the information to the Revolutionary Army as soon as they could. When it arrived to their HQ, it noted how Erickson had stopped at a compound of sorts. This was the chance the Revolutionary Army was waiting for.

A moment to either kill or kidnap the mastermind behind the war machines they would have to face. The leaders of the revolution sent word to Night Raid, giving them a new mission. At the headquarters of Night Raid, Najenda had just recieved the information.

Chelsea: What do you think?

Najenda: It's a huge risk, especially considering the weapons he's made. We'll have to plan carefully for this

Lubbock: Agreed, should I get the others?

Najenda: "In a moment, I need to think" she said before lighting a cigarette

Elsewhere in the base, Leone sat in her room alone. She was on her bed, thinking back to things that happened before their mission. She thought about her flirting with Alexander and their date in the capital.

She gritted her teeth as she couldn't get him out of her head. Leone hit the wall next to her before bringing her hands to her head. Then she sighed, and brought her hands down to her legs. Leone then bit her lip as she brought a hand to one of her boobs.

Leone (whispering): Damn it Alexander

Leone began to fondling herself as she gave into her thoughts. As Leone began to pleasure herself in her room, Akame was outside. She was sitting down, her sword in it's scabbard as it was laid next to her. In her hands was the necklace Alexander had sent her so long ago.

Akame: You walked out on me, and now you're gone forever. When all of this is over, I'll be joining you.....

Akame then gripped the necklace tightly before putting it on. Tatsumi was training, thinking back to the night in Kyoroch. He remembered how him and Mine faced a mysterious man. Though he has no idea of the true identity of who they faced.

Tatsumi began practicing with a wooden staff. He thought back to what the man did, the destruction he caused. When it happened, he heard whispers seemingly coming from the armor. He began practicing at a faster pace, all while he was secretly being watched by Mine.

Sheele was inside, reading a book she had recently gotten. It was no ordinary book however, it was a copy of the Lectitio Divinitatus. She had found it just after they retreated from the temple where Martin died. She read it silently, thinking about some of the things it stated.

It had been a few days since the events in Kyoroch. The Lord had been doing his best to lead the Imperial Cult. At first it was a rough start, but with the support from Inquisitor-Lord Antigonus he has made great strides. The additional help from the death cult assassins and Adepta Sororitas has proved invaluable.

Alexander had sent the Deathwatch team that was in Kyoroch back to the capital. He would have Erickson treat the heavily injured once they arrived there. Most of the Deathwatch was now in waiting within the capital. Russell had begun expanding the Iron Guard whilst sending arbitors to castles.