Chapter 33- Kill Despair

Alexander's POV

Esdeath stood in front me, she seemed a little irritated at first. But all the irritation she had faded away as she simply sighed. She couldn't be mad with me, even she knew that right now. Though her anger was still present within her, she was suppressing it with how she felt about me.

Esdeath: I have so many things I want to say, so many things I want to ask you. I can't believe you were once a member of Night Raid

Alexander: Life tends to have unexpected twists Esdeath

Esdeath: "You're right about that, I originally came here ready to destroy you. But all my anger faded once I saw your face" she said while bringing a hand to caress my cheek

Alongside the fact you hit Suzuka extremely hard a moment ago

Alexander: How do you feel about this? Me being your enemy, does it at all bother you?

Esdeath: For just this moment, let's completely forget about that. Right now it's just you and me

She then straddled me and lifted up my chin before kissing me. I kissed back, knowing that this would be the last time I could kiss her in a long time. After this moment, everything would begin to change pace. After this, the real war would begin and I would be going against her. For I knew she would not join me, not at first, and not for my ideals.

Esdeath loves waging war, just as much as she loves me. But I seek order, not constant stagnation, something that she enjoys. She needed to go through a circumstance, some type of change to enlighten her. But right now, I couldn't bring that enlightenment to her. Esdeath's willpower would not allow me to do so at all. So for now, I would relish this moment we had.

Soon pulling away from the kiss, I saw a small blush on her face. But there was a look in her eyes, it was a hint of sadness. It was if she knew that any attempt to convince me would not work. For she knew how I was, that as a Marius I'm not a man to submit at all.

Esdeath: My darling Alexander..... please join me.....

Alexander: You know I won't fight for the Empire

Esdeath: Do not think of it like that, think of it as becoming mine!

Alexander: I would serve under you, one who answers to Prime Minister Honest. I can't do that at all Esdeath

Esdeath: Then you know what must happen then! Your execution will be assured!

Alexander: I'm willing to go against the odds.....

Esdeath then hugged me tightly, surprising me a bit. What surprised me even more was that I felt her trembling a bit. This would be a painful moment, for both of us.

Esdeath: All I ask is that you stand beside me Alexander. Please my love, I won't ask at all about Night Raid's members

Alexander: It doesn't matter Esdeath

Esdeath: My heart was drawn to you, I want us to be together Alexander

I sighed before softly pushing her off of me and standing up. She had a rather shocked expression, but as much as it hurt I couldn't accept this. This is how things had to be for the time being.

Alexander: I told you already, I cannot do this. My path is set and shall not be altered, therefore I cannot follow a warmonger such as yourself.....

Esdeath: "Is that right? Then have it your way" she said before springing up and pushing me against the wall "I will perform your execution with my own hands. That way I can see for myself the strength of your resolve"