Chapter 40.5- The Hydra

3rd Person POV

Within the accursed fortress of the Black Legion, Ezkhar could be seen dueling a chaos marine with a chain axe. He parried an oncoming attack before dodging another abd slicing his opponent's arm off. The marine picked up his axe quickly with his other hand before rushing Ezkhar.

But as the marine was going to deliver an overhead strike, Ezkhar stabbed his sword through through said marine's chest. He dropped his axe as his body went limp before Ezkhar kicked it of his blade. The blood began to be absorbed by the blade, as if it was drinking the blood itself.

The blade had a hue of red radiating off of it as it finished absorbing the blood. Ezkhar looked at the blade and chuckled darkly before sheathing it. He left the chamber as slaves came with a sorcerer to remove the body. As Ezkhar went down the corridor, he was joined by Honrus.

Honrus: A sacrifice to your sword? A marine who couldn't hold his tongue I take it?

Ezkhar: You are correct Honrus, is it that obvious?

Honrus: How did you come across the sword anyhow? Was it in this fortress? Or perhaps you found it in the wastes of the warp?

Ezkhar: It was the final gift of the dark gods to me. The final boon that I would receive until the False Emperor lies dead at my hand

Honrus: Then what? You will be our emperor?

Ezkhar: I myself will ascend, I will achieve what my grandfather could not. I will be far greater than Horus Lupercal and Ezekyle Abaddon! I will become a god!

Honrus: Ah..... and what of us? Your inner circle? Your Black Hand?

Ezkhar: Remain loyal and you shall achieve daemonhood and ascend. Rule beside me in my chaotic order

Honrus: We shall soon see if this will come to pass my lord

Ezkhar: Indeed.....

As the two walked down the corridor to a war room, they failed to notice one who had been eavesdropping on them. A marine who stood behind a pillar that was on another part of the corridor. He appeared to be a black legionnaire, but his armor seemingly flickered.

As it did, parts of his black armor revealed to be more blue. And the symbol of the Black Legion on his pauldrons changed to that of a three headed dragon. His armor returned to black as he then left the area, with no one knowing what he planned to do.

Within the capital, a group of imperial officers were discussing battle plans. These plans consisted of fall back positions and ambush points in case the enemy breached the walls. Amongst the officers in the room, was a butler serving them food.

This was of course William, his cover had not been blown yet. As he served one of the officers a plate of steak, he looked over to the maid in the room. She was pouring another officer a cup of tea, this was secretly Chelsea. William knew it was her, since he helped her enter.

 William knew it was her, since he helped her enter