Prologue

5 years ago

There was a boy out in the northern countryside in absolute torment. He had been tested and experimented on for years by his grandfather. His mother, the daughter of the mad scientist he knew as grandfather, regretted everything she had to do them. His father, an Imperial General, couldn't take action due to the experiments being allowed by the government.

When the boy, named Alexander, was not being tested he was able to live a semi-normal life. His father would teach him how to fight and told him about the history and great battles of the Empire. His mother would always nurse him after the experiments, from time to time she would ramble about her ideas of ships flying in the sky and new ways to communicate.

Alexander was always fascinated by his mother's ideas and his fathers stories. One thing that both his parents told him was about Imperial Arms, his mother even kept her own personal encyclopedia about them. It was also the reason he was being experimented on, he apparently had an affinity with an Imperial Arms mean't to be a myth.

Oblivion Void was said to be able to give its user a multitude of abilities. But the one that infatuated his grandfather the most was the ability to wield multiple Imperial Arms. One day, they were finally able to conduct a ritual that led to a blood transfusion. Alexander was injected with the blood that was summoned by the ritual, he felt absolute agonizing pain for an entire week. When the pain stopped, he went into a berserk state when a guard grabbed him.

He killed 30 guards that day with his bare hands. His grandfather considered the experiment a success, so he set out with Alexander's father to the capital to make his report. But when he heard gunshots one night, he saw around a hundred revolutionaries outside the window. Before he could do anything, he was grabbed by his father who was covered in blood all over. Some was his, some wasn't, but it didn't matter at the time.

His father brought him to a basement where Alexander's mother was. His father stated that they were ambushed on their way to the capital by a large force of revolutionaries. He stated how Alexander's grandfather was killed when the ambush started. This made Alexander smirk slightly, his mother came up to him and gave him a bag. She stated that her own Imperial Arms/Teigu, her encyclopedia, and her journal of schematics/blueprints for her own ideas were in it. She told both Alexander and his father how much she loved them, she gave Alexander a kiss on the forehead before his father took him away.

They ran through a secret passage that led outside the mansion styled lab. When they were near a forest, they heard an explosion come from their old home. Alexander's mother had detonated a bomb that took down her, the revolutionaries, and the mansion. At this moment Alexander noticed that his father was badly wounded, he had stab wounds and cuts all on his chest.

When they entered a forest, Alexander's father collapsed on the ground. As he died, Alexander began crying as he kneeled by his fathers corpse. He placed his right hand on his fathers bloodied chest, the blood began to seep into the Shadows tattoo. Alexander didn't notice until his own father began groaning as he started to get up.

They soon figured out that the Shadows tattoo was what caused this to happen. After traversing the woods with his "resurrected" father, they ran into a pack of large wolves. The wolves were all 3.5 feet in height, all except the two who stood in front of Alexander. These two were jet black like the rest but were 4 feet in height, his father noticed something though.

These wolves were experiments of Alexander's grandfather. This would explain their size, black shining fur, and all their sharpened steel claws. It's as if his grandfather made a new type of danger beast, Alexander didn't know what to do as the pack approached him. But rather than attack him, they kneeled.