Chapter 30- His Blessing

3rd Person POV

The night sky was beautiful, but the same could not be said about the occupants of the Wild Hunt HQ. Within it were only three of the members, Cosmina, Champ, and Enshin. The latter was drinking at the team's bar as the other two sat a pair of couches nearby.

The doors to the headquarters then opened, revealing Run. For some time he had been bringing bribes to Wild Hunt, an idea given to him by Alexander. He was on the good side of most of them, especially Cosmina since she found him to be good looking. But Enshin was a bit suspicious of him.

Run: Good evening, I'm here

Cosmina: Run! You came again! Yay!

Cosmina then got up from the couch and walked up to Run. She then hugged his arm, persistently pressing her cleavage against it.

Cosmina: Will you play with Cosmina?~

Run: If you're going to let me join Wild Hunt, of course I will.....

Enshin (mumbling): He's so desperate.....

Run: Where are the others?

Cosmina: They're with Syura, he got into a fight with someone and got hurt

Run (thoughts): So Syura is not only still back at the palace, but half of his subordinates are with him. This is turning out better than I imagined!

Run then turned to Champ, who was reading some type of book. It was finally time, he had been wanting to do this for ages. Now all he had to do was lure Champ away from the headquarters. He walked away from Cosmina and approached Champ casually.

Run: Mister Champ.....

Champ: Hmm? What is it?

Run: You see.....

He then went up to Champ's ear and whispered something to him. This caused Champ's eyes to widen in shock to what he had just been told.

Champ: SERIOUSLY?!

Run: Yes, please follow me

As Run led Champ out and away from the Wild Hunt HQ, something was happening back at the palace. Within Erickson's laboratory, he had received a visitor of sorts. It was none other than Dorothea herself, hoping to meet the man who rivaled Stylish.

Dorothea: So you must be Doctor Erickson, what happened to you?

Erickson: A run in with Night Raid you could say. I have been purified by the machine so I may live far longer than any regular man

Dorothea: I see, you've basically discovered a path to immortality

Erickson: Yes I have, the minister has approached me about it. Though he hopes I could find a way to prolong his life without the use of machinery

Dorothea: And how far have you come to succeeding in that?

Erickson: Quite far, but why are you asking? Perhaps you seek to learn something?

Dorothea: It's because of you that the Empire's technology has advanced further than before. I've also heard of the super soldiers you've made

Erickson: You wish to learn from me, is that it?

Dorothea: I do, and perhaps I can help with the minister's request. Either way we will both benefit from this

Erickson: Very well, let us see what you can do

Dorothea: By the way, what happened to that girl we gave your subordinates?

Erickson: Genetic testing, after we were done we began indoctrinating her