Chapter 1- Kill the Darkness

Alexander's POV

Alexander: So his name is Lubbock and he served under one of your pupils?

Father: Yup......

Alexander: How did you know it was him?

Father: The green hair and his voice

Alexander: You think he'll be a problem?

Father: Time will tell, we just have to wait

Alexander: I suppose we do

Timeskip

3rd Person POV

A wagon was going down a dirt road when the ground began to shake. Then a danger beast proceeded to burst out of the ground. This terrified the two men on the wagon.

Driver: Its an Earth Dragon......

The beast then lunged at the wagon causing both men to scream for their lives. But before it could strike, the beasts arm was sliced off completely. A figure then landed behind the beast, a young man wearing a black leather jacket and all black clothing under it.

Alexander: Class one danger beast, an Earth Dragon......

Father: This will be interesting

Alexander: Yup

The beast roared and attacked the position where Alexander was. But after its strike, it noticed its prey wasn't there. Alexander had jumped out of the way high in the air.

Alexander: I thought this thing was supposed to be extremely dangerous? Isn't it a class one?

Father: Just kill the thing already

Alexander: Got it!

As Alexander descended he mad multiple fatal slashes on the beasts body. When he landed, the beasts wounds sprayed out blood as it collapsed to the ground.

The two men on the wagon got off and approached Alexander immediately.

Driver: That was incredible kid!

Co-driver: You took down a class one danger beast all by yourself!

Father: Heh, in a way you did.......

Alexander turned around to face the men while he sheathed his sword. He pulled down his mask and gave them a smirk.

Alexander: Wasn't a problem, you guys alright?

Driver: Yeah, thanks to you. Why are you out here anyway?

Alexander: Eh, I've been traversing the wilderness for a few days. You guys wouldn't happen to be going to the capital now would you?

Co-driver: W-we are, are you planning on heading there?

Alexander: Yes, I've got a few things I've got to collect on. Not to mention there's work to be done.

Driver: Wait, so you've been there before?

Alexander: Yes, I know about the corrupt officials and the monstrous nobles. Now are we gonna stand here and wait till another danger beast shows up or are we going to the capital?

The men capitulated and allowed Alexander to ride with them. When they arrived at the capital, they gave Alexander some reward money for killing the danger beast. Alexander thanked them and made his way to his current destination.

Alexander's POV

Father: Son, I absolutely admire and love your generosity. But let's actually keep this money on us just in case?